Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

This was Japan in Feb 2019, seems like a similar stage to where Hollywood is now.

If we follow a similar schedule to USJ we have roughly another 15/16 months of construction, that would be a Summer 2021 opening.

Even with delays I think it's possible for them to open by late 2021.
View attachment 13163

15 months from now would be December 2021, not summer.

So I'm confused if the land isn;t opening next year...why is construction still going on so fast? Are they planning on just making the land then letting it sit there for months to a year?

So I'm confused if the land isn;t opening next year...why is construction still going on so fast? Are they planning on just making the land then letting it sit there for months to a year?

I mean--at the end of the day you are still dealing with a land that..isn't open at the Osaka park. It's going to be the lab rat on operations for Nintendo at the other parks--especially for the domestic ones. And without mentioning the technological factors--it makes perfect sense that they would be hesitant on opening the land so soon. Especially when it'd be best to have any and all kinks ironed out for Hollywood.

Truthfully--I am looking at Early 2022 as a good guess, as opposed to a Spring 2022 window.

Things take time.
Lol

It would take a year after its all build to get it up and running when it was suppose to be open next spring?

Someone else said because Japan is going to be the opens testing how the land works with guests....that makes more sense but I'd assume the land will be open by next summer in Japan...so thats months to see how its going with guests.
Universal Must really think that they won't need the ride next Christmas to draw people in or won't be allowed at 100% capacity by then

Lol

It would take a year after its all build to get it up and running when it was suppose to be open next spring?

Someone else said because Japan is going to be the opens testing how the land works with guests....that makes more sense but I'd assume the land will be open by next summer in Japan...so thats months to see how its going with guests.
Universal Must really think that they won't need the ride next Christmas to draw people in or won't be allowed at 100% capacity by then
I mean, that’s nearly a year away and the parks are currently not open. It’s sadly not unfeasible at the moment.

I would be surprised if this gets finished by around fall 2021, even if it sits there for a couple of more months due to COVID-19 (which I don't care about, I only care if it's truly finished). The pandemic has now complicated the matters though in regards to opening dates, that's for sure.

Just because things look fast, doesn't mean things are going fast, at least relative to a normal timeline. Just think back to when the land is first being cleared for a project, or when all the structures are complete. Often at those points in an attractions' development there's very little perceivable external progress, as more focus is being placed on utilities and interiors respectively. They could be laying down the track as they drive over it in Mario Kart and we wouldn't know it.

That being said, who cares if it's here in 2021 or 2022. It's likely a year (or even a seasonal) difference in opening time.

If Mario Kart is indeed as set focused as its rumored to be, I bet there is a TON to do in there. We saw track being laid in awhile ago, so Im sure there is A LOT to do with the ride. New tech involving the sets, I believe a new busbar system (?), and AR. Oh, and all the AAs inside the ride and out in the land. Lots of stuff to do here Id impinge and have zero insight into how far along Mario Kart is

Omg....seeing the hills being added....I am sooo Hyped.

My god, this is going to make the things after Covid so nice....just bright colors and a fun new E ticket is what we all need