Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

To me its just insane this might not open next year, I guess they could still make profits next year for doing nothing but the crowds you will bring in with this land next summer I think we would see days were the park fills up, which we havent seen in a long time outside of New Years/4th of July.

If I was a head guy I'd push hard to make this out by next June...but makes more sense they go slow to save a few bucks and its ready when its ready because of how the upper people think...they hate spending extra money even if that will lead to them making more

I have no info on the progress, but materials and other costs have been astronomical right now. Things are delayed by months if shipping across an ocean.

Could be the case, but I'd have thought costs would have been agreed in original construction contracts.
Agree that international shipping is crazy right now but I'd say this would still have opened in 2022 if Universal wanted it to. If this opens 2023 it will have been a Management decision IMO.

AAAH AHHH

ITS SO EARLY FOR THIS!

I have no idea why I'm so excited for something I've already seen extensively and have criticized heavily.

tenor.gif

Guess I'm gonna see if I can swing by the park next week. At the very least I want that Mario bag.

Also, here's Nintendo of America's version of the tweet for documentation purposes. I was wondering when they'd do this, but I'm still stoked for it.

It gives me the glimpse that SNW Hollywood would open by 2022 hopefully. I don't think people can afford to wait until 2023, almost eight years after SNW at Universal theme parks was announced.
Agreed. Also, was about to post how there's a video detailing what merch is available along with prices:

Prices:
  • Adult Shirts - $30
  • Kid Shirts - $25
  • Mario Bros., Lakitu Plush keychains - $13
  • Yoshi, Shy Guy Plush Keychains - $11
  • Large Mario Bros. Plushes - $60
  • Medium Mario Bros. Plushes - $30
  • Small Plushes (Mario, Luigi, Bowser Jr., Peach, Yoshi) - $20
  • Mario/Luigi Hats - $26
  • Yoshi Hat - $32
  • Toad Hat - $28
  • Bowser Hat - $35
  • Goomba Hat - $32
  • Gloves - $24
  • Adult Hood Sweaters - $60
  • Kid Hood Sweaters - $45
  • Enamel Mario Enemy Keychains - $11
  • Neon Mario Enemy Shirts - $35
  • Select Mario Kart Shirts (Red, Bowser Oil, White and Gray GP) - $35
  • Mario Kart Shorts - $25
  • Mario Kart Pajama Pants - $30
  • Socks - $15
  • Drawstring Bags - $28
  • Snapback hats - $27
  • Fanny packs - $28
  • Pin sets - $19

Last edited:
Agreed. They should properly announce this land in its entirety.

If they speed up construction fast enough, possibly by the beginning of Christmas, I expect that USH would make an annoucement video of when it's going to open. I was 22 years old when Universal and Nintendo teamed up in 2015 to build Nintendo World. I'm almost close to 29 years old now, and we still haven't got a single SNW park here in America.

I'm loving the Bowser Merch. For sure picking up a T shirt or two and the Boo T shirt thinking about that for a friend. While it sucks not all secondary characters are here or in Japan day one. This pretty solid first wave merch

I wonder if they'll do another Nintendo Direct like they did for the one in Japan, only this time helmed by Doug Bowser or something. I'm sure there will be notable differences worth mentioning in Hollywood's iteration of the land.

All this does is confirm that the land was not delayed past 2022. Also Yoshi plush.
I was thinking they finally just decided to start making money off the merch that’s been sitting backstage since before covid closures without having to remodel a store as originally planned last summer, and it has nothing to do with the land’s timing?