Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe)

Was there doubts for VC? I feel the hype was always high for that.

I don’t think SNW will disappoint amongst the GP, I can see my mum having a ball on all the SNW offerings we’ve seen thus far, and she's not a super big Nintendo fan.
There was the proverbial "Velocicoaster has a disappointing layout" type videos on some of the channels I follow, and Reddit

Same thing happened with Steve before it opened with the "pacing issues" type talk....and the "Orion is a discount Giga"

Nothing ticks me off more than people reviewing something they have yet to ride

The review is even more invalid when talking about a visceral dark ride that requires two eyes in an AR helmet to even sync up the images correctly

There was the proverbial "Velocicoaster has a disappointing layout" type videos on some of the channels I follow, and Reddit

Same thing happened with Steve before it opened with the "pacing issues" type talk....and the "Orion is a discount Giga"

Nothing ticks me off more than people reviewing something they have yet to ride

The review is even more invalid when talking about a visceral dark ride that requires two eyes in an AR helmet to even sync up the images correctly
Exactly lol, it’s cool to see Mario kart and give my thoughts on a pov but that’s in no way am official review, like some treat it to be.

Us fans tho can’t help but Hype things up, it’s natural for us.

Exactly lol, it’s cool to see Mario kart and give my thoughts on a pov but that’s in no way am official review, like some treat it to be.

Us fans tho can’t help but Hype things up, it’s natural for us.
Does it look slow? Yes

Ok, Next.

Joe has already asked not to re-open this can of worms, so I won't be saying anymore about it other than this: This scratches a lot of itches that Universal has been needing to scratch for a while, and I think when everything shakes out it will be looked as, dare I say it, a classic

Does it look slow? Yes

Ok, Next.

Joe has already asked not to re-open this can of worms, so I won't be saying anymore about it other than this: This scratches a lot of itches that Universal has been needing to scratch for a while, and I think when everything shakes out it will be looked as, dare I say it, a classic
Agreed. Epic Universe is going to be a lot of the things we’ve all been wanting from Universal.

I agree, I don't want to keep bringing it up. It just pisses me off when I see people bashing a ride that hardly anyone has actually ridden.

Once it is built in Hollywood and Orlando and everyone's given it a go, then you can gripe all over your theme park blog, until then, stop reviewing a poorly filmed POV

Same thing happened with Veloci, everyone released their think pieces about how it has a bad layout and pacing issues...then it opened..people rode it..and they ate crow

(This guy fully admitted he was wrong--very underrated and funny channel, I'd recommend)

Wait…so Donkey Kong has already been started in Japan?

I thought it was going to open here in Orlando first and then be added shortly after in Japan…

So now nothing will be first or original when it comes to orlando? Really making me hope that either the rides are somehow plussed for Epic Universe or a 4th ride is added.

Wait…so Donkey Kong has already been started in Japan?

I thought it was going to open here in Orlando first and then be added shortly after in Japan…

So now nothing will be first or original when it comes to orlando? Really making me hope that either the rides are somehow plussed for Epic Universe or a 4th ride is added.
That was the plan, but a whole pandemic got in the way.

That said, the amount of people who will go to both Tokyo and Orlando strictly for Nintendo is unlikely to exceed 1,000. There’s no reason to drastically change the land’s design when it’ll still be new to 99.9998% of guests.

Especially with the ongoing pandemic, by 2023 if people can travel it’ll likely not be to Osaka for SNW. Maybe a few of us on here go do that, but I oddly think the pandemic will help SNW feel significantly more “new” than most think. Hollywood only gets MK at first, so I doubt DK will
appear before.

Do we know if the Nintendo Land in Epic Universe is going to an exact copy of the layout in Japan? Same building configuration, tiered levels, etc? If so it would be interesting to see a transparent overlay of the one in Japan on top of the construction progress in Epic Universe. Or at least the ride buildings (which should be the same dimensions). And if the land is laid out differently that would be interesting for those of us who have watched the videos of the opening of the land in Japan. So the deja vu moments are not as strong.

Looks like we have some more progress from what was in a recent newscast segment:
Screenshot_20230404_194944_YouTube.jpg
Source:

I'm surprised with how much progress has been made in about a year from the last construction updates in this thread. Guess I underestimated how much they're pushing for that 2025 opening.

Not to stir that pot, but I know it was mentioned in the Hollywood thread that the main reason Yoshi got scrapped was because of SLOP existing, but seeing this still hurts a little with how my closest SNW got the short end of the stick.

Looks like we have some more progress from what was in a recent newscast segment:
View attachment 18654
Source:

I'm surprised with how much progress has been made in about a year from the last construction updates in this thread. Guess I underestimated how much they're pushing for that 2025 opening.

Not to stir that pot, but I know it was mentioned in the Hollywood thread that the main reason Yoshi got scrapped was because of SLOP existing, seeing this still hurts a little with how my closest SNW got the short end of the stick.

More importantly, they're pushing for it to be ready before opening.

View attachment 18654
Source:

Not to stir that pot, but I know it was mentioned in the Hollywood thread that the main reason Yoshi got scrapped was because of SLOP existing, but seeing this still hurts a little with how my closest SNW got the short end of the stick.

With pretty much all construction projects in the parks, the exterior comes together rather quickly and then it takes awhile for the inside to finish. I don't really think that's too much different here, the main thing is that an entire part has things being built so it just seems like so much more is happening.
More importantly, they're pushing for it to be ready before opening.
Did you expect them to be building the park all the way up until days before opening? Some of these lands are probably going to start not be too far off from being ready once Late Summer 2024 or Fall 2024 hit. That's because this park is going to need to undergo strenuous testing, lots of training (in every single department), TM Park Previews, AP Park Previews (i'm assuming), etc. The park is going to be done in terms of everything being built and putting final touches on theming probably well before it actually opens.

Did you expect them to be building the park all the way up until days before opening? Some of these lands are probably going to start not be too far off from being ready once Late Summer 2024 or Fall 2024 hit. That's because this park is going to need to undergo strenuous testing, lots of training (in every single department), TM Park Previews, AP Park Previews (i'm assuming), etc. The park is going to be done in terms of everything being built and putting final touches on theming probably well before it actually opens.
Not really, The reasons for finishing it well in advance add up, I was just surprised to see how far it had come from just a year ago after how long Hollywood's construction took (then again there was the Pandemic). I'm not from Orlando either, so I'm not a seasoned construction progress expert when it comes to these things.

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to talk about an interesting difference that's gonna be unique to Orlando's version which otherwise is looking to be a clone of Japan's.

For me, it's kind of odd that Orlando's version is gonna be the only one with an escalator (and elevator) inside of the warp pipe. Unless they theme it, I can't help but find that a bit immersion breaking on paper? I understand if they just couldn't build an upper level plaza so you just walk right into the pipe like in Hollywood and Japan. I'm just surprised this version isn't doing that approach.