TEA/AECOM Attendance Report 2022 | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

TEA/AECOM Attendance Report 2022

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I dunno where you find cheaper or better food at Disney, unless it's a specialty restaurant at EPCOT.

Definitely, quick service, table service is still better at Universal (but I've noticed an unfortunate decline there too).

Love the improved Minion Cafe, but Flame Tree, Satu'li and even Cosmic Ray's (cheaper, more efficient, nicer seating) give Universal's QSR a run for their money.

Definitely, quick service, table service is still better at Universal (but I've noticed an unfortunate decline there too).

Love the improved Minion Cafe, but Flame Tree, Satu'li and even Cosmic Ray's (cheaper, more efficient, nicer seating) give Universal's QSR a run for their money.
I love the ribs at Three Broomsticks. Disney's was dry and inedible

I dunno where you find cheaper or better food at Disney, unless it's a specialty restaurant at EPCOT.
Satu'li and Flame Tree are both great prices for the quality and quantity of food, its kinda hard to go wrong at AK. Surprisingly HS isn't bad either, really the only place you're getting bad overpriced food across the board is MK in my opinion

Satu'li and Flame Tree are both great prices for the quality and quantity of food, its kinda hard to go wrong at AK. Surprisingly HS isn't bad either, really the only place you're getting bad overpriced food across the board is MK in my opinion
Flame Tree food is very good plus fantastic ambiance with seating on the river with a view of Everest. Portions are large also.

Reactions: snayberry
Flame Tree I always wanted to adore but I never enjoyed it, not in the cateogry mentioned above imo.

Cheeseburger Eggrolls themseleves FTW!

There are some things at animal kingdom that I think are cheaper to encourage more people to go but I don't talk about those things anymore because every time people do Disney increases prices. I also wonder if Disney prices stay cheaper than some other cheap parks because you can bring your own food in. Disney has more incentive to pack the parks with cheap locals who weren't buying food anyways to keep genie/LL sales high but still want locals to buy food sometimes.

Reactions: MrRoamer
There are some things at animal kingdom that I think are cheaper to encourage more people to go but I don't talk about those things anymore because every time people do Disney increases prices. I also wonder if Disney prices stay cheaper than some other cheap parks because you can bring your own food in. Disney has more incentive to pack the parks with cheap locals who weren't buying food anyways to keep genie/LL sales high but still want locals to buy food sometimes.
We're locals, and we have a group of friends we go with some of which are very frugal. Other than snacks for children, I don't think I have ever brought a meal into a theme park. The frugal ones do every once in a while, but I would say its way more the exception than the rule.

I've never thought of that, but you can also bring your own food into UOR too based on what the web site says. I'm not sure what kind of impact that may have, while food inside the parks is generally ok priced there are definitely outliers too. The resorts' quick service are generally not cheap at all in my opinion except for Pop/All Stars, and it is definitely way easier to eat your own food at your hotel.

I think they are constantly playing with prices, quality, and quantity; but they have been stepping up their game. Yak & Yeti quick service used to be an amazing deal for great food, but they have pretty much been gutted in my opinion of anything unique. HS ABC Commissary was terrible but now the food looks pretty legit (I haven't tried it yet) while the Fairfax Fair is a shadow of its former self (haven't been there in a while)

MK, we almost never eat quick serve at because it mostly all sucks and is over priced so may as well go to Skipper Canteen for something unique and a drink. Every once in a while, I'll brave Casey's but $10 for a hot dog or the corn dog nuggets is highway robbery and then you have to get into the Thunderdome of finding a place to eat it. Thankfully Disney rocks the mobile order so you don't have to deal with the order line anymore.

I think the food thing just comes down to what you’re looking for in a park. In my experience, UO offers the better “theme park food” (the variations of burgers, pizza, chicken tenders, etc. with the exception of their fries which aren’t great) while Disney has a better variety of unique options that are generally pretty good for what they are.

If you find yourself at Casey’s or Pizzerizzo in the Disney parks, then you should like Universal quite a bit better. But Satuli, Regal Eagle, the Epcot QS spots, etc. are better than even the best burgers, pizza, and chicken fingers IF you have the palate for that during your theme park day.

There’s also this weird perspective of food in Orlando that I’ve noticed…there are only four Michelin-star restaurants in the city (only two of which are easily accessible) so fine dining isn’t exactly part of the culture here. With a lack of “on the map” restaurants, I think a lot of locals see Epcot or Animal Kingdom (or even Disney Springs) as the easiest way to get a foodie fix, which inflates the perception of Disney food service.

Reactions: Jake S and MrRoamer
I think the food thing just comes down to what you’re looking for in a park. In my experience, UO offers the better “theme park food” (the variations of burgers, pizza, chicken tenders, etc. with the exception of their fries which aren’t great) while Disney has a better variety of unique options that are generally pretty good for what they are.

If you find yourself at Casey’s or Pizzerizzo in the Disney parks, then you should like Universal quite a bit better. But Satuli, Regal Eagle, the Epcot QS spots, etc. are better than even the best burgers, pizza, and chicken fingers IF you have the palate for that during your theme park day.

There’s also this weird perspective of food in Orlando that I’ve noticed…there are only four Michelin-star restaurants in the city (only two of which are easily accessible) so fine dining isn’t exactly part of the culture here. With a lack of “on the map” restaurants, I think a lot of locals see Epcot or Animal Kingdom (or even Disney Springs) as the easiest way to get a foodie fix, which inflates the perception of Disney food service.
OMG I left off Regal Eagle from my list of best quick serve overalls. No lie I generally will eat there over anywhere else in Epcot, my son and I split the chicken meal, side of pickles, and sometimes mac and cheese for him. Everyone is a happy camper!

Has Universal's pizza gotten better? I haven't had it in a minute but oof I hate Sal's for smelling so good and then tasting soo bad.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
OMG I left off Regal Eagle from my list of best quick serve overalls. No lie I generally will eat there over anywhere else in Epcot, my son and I split the chicken meal, side of pickles, and sometimes mac and cheese for him. Everyone is a happy camper!

Has Universal's pizza gotten better? I haven't had it in a minute but oof I hate Sal's for smelling so good and then tasting soo bad.
Yeah Regal Eagle is actually pretty great…I’ve gone in for a kids meal as a not-quite-dinner pickmeup during a Food and Wine binge and it was a LOT of food.

I’ve never been to Sal’s but the pizza they serve in the Universal parks (especially Louie’s) is elite. It’s not NY good or anything but for the price and convenience I don’t think you can do much better.

Reactions: MrRoamer and Jake S