The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
@Thatguyoverwhere Not sure about that, it depends what they would put in next. I was sad to see Jaws leaving but I think what is getting in is an improvement. But when you look at Kong, it's a nice ride that I can't do anymore because of the coaster element but the Kong ride we could do with the whole family.
Well, it's mostly just due to the rumors about it becoming yet another piece of the Potterverse that I want Lost Continent to stay, and I really would not be a happy camper if the beautiful rock structures and theming were to be replaced by a forest :lol:

Well, it's mostly just due to the rumors about it becoming yet another piece of the Potterverse that I want Lost Continent to stay, and I really would not be a happy camper if the beautiful rock structures and theming were to be replaced by a forest :lol:

I'd rather have Willy Wonka over more Potter... variety is key :thumbs: at least Wonka would add an E-ticket and some family rides AND a new IP while Potter 3.0 is essentially Great Hall, a flat ride, and turning Poseidon and Sinbad into Potter

I'd rather have Willy Wonka over more Potter... variety is key :thumbs: at least Wonka would add an E-ticket and some family rides AND a new IP while Potter 3.0 is essentially Great Hall, a flat ride, and turning Poseidon and Sinbad into Potter

Total agreement. While I like Potter, I'm not crazy about half a park becoming just that. Variety is important.

Precisely- I would hate to see more land get turned into Potter phase four thousand, and would in fact rather see anything else take its place before it becomes the next part of the Wizarding World, but that being said I still really like the Greek theming in particular just because of the level of detail put into it and how much it stands out against the rest of the park.

Precisely- I would hate to see more land get turned into Potter phase four thousand, and would in fact rather see anything else take its place before it becomes the next part of the Wizarding World, but that being said I still really like the Greek theming in particular just because of the level of detail put into it and how much it stands out against the rest of the park.

Why not 300 theme, that would be bad ass and keep the theme. a 300 show, keep mythos and change Poseidon's fury into a battle scene of some sort

Harry Potter brings in a lot of money but there could be an easy solution to keep the mythological theming if that would be the backdrop for the Harry Potter spin off movie "Beasts and where to find them". There is a New York part that is already there at the Studios so the inside there could be re themed to fit the movie. Then there is a travel (to the other park) and at IOA the walkthrough one could be a search for some of these creatures. It would fit next to Potter and we have another park to park attraction/ride.

I wanted to bump this topic. Seriously, WTF is the future of this island? Now that the LC games are closed, we are left with, um, Sindbad and Poseidon's Fury.

Any update on the Potter Plaza idea that was being discussed before? Is Sindbad and/or PF on the chopping block?

PF will always have a special place in my heart (the original version) but this sliver of an island doesn't really make sense.

I wanted to bump this topic. Seriously, WTF is the future of this island? Now that the LC games are closed, we are left with, um, Sindbad and Poseidon's Fury.

Any update on the Potter Plaza idea that was being discussed before? Is Sindbad and/or PF on the chopping block?

PF will always have a special place in my heart (the original version) but this sliver of an island doesn't really make sense.

We don't have any official word or real strong rumors at this point, but I'm willing to bet LC closes and is replaced around 2020.

I think they'll keep it around. The theming is awesome at LC. My heart is telling me that the only reason it's still around is because of mythos.

I think they'll keep it around. The theming is awesome at LC. My heart is telling me that the only reason it's still around is because of mythos.

Anyone think they'll just use the backstage space behind Poseidon and Sinbad? That'd be enough space for an E-ticket, a flat ride and new attractions/updates for the existing ones. Mythos and the Poseidon facade should stay untouched :nunchucks:

Wonka or more Seuss are the only options I'd support as LC replacements... anything else wouldn't work in such a small plot.

Wonka is better since it'd bring a new property into the mix and provide a great transition between Potter and Seuss

I think the only reason any of it is still around is they didn't 1) have the money in 2007-10 2) know how huge WWoHP would be.

Yep, and mythos brings in the money too, Poseidon might be the most beautiful entrance in any ride on property imo

5406075803_6ab1ec83b4_z.jpg