The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 196 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seems like they keep going back to the drawing board. But that’s just my interpretation.
The land should be fairly easy though, just interactive experiences based on the puzzles from the game. I'm not sure why the ride is giving them trouble though, all the leaked designs seemed pretty good.

Two park shrek doesn't work as well as three park potter. . .
It makes sense, because Shrek's swamp (which will be in USF's DreamWorks Land) and Far Far Away are far away from each other in the film franchise. A Far Far Away land could also work as one of the potential expansions for Epic Universe as an alternative.

The building of a land IS simple and straightforward, it's the greenlighting of funding when there are so many projects in the works at once that is the holdup. When you are spending billions building the second park in ten years and have a third on the drawing boards it comes down to spreading out expenses and evaluating economic forces and reception of your current projects before commit to spend more. You don't want to have a Euro Disney situation where you never recoup investment on a new park and are then spending hundreds of millions on other projects all at the same time. They may want to wait and see what Epic does before greenlighting too much more in Orlando or in any of their parks. We all assume Epic will be a big hit and print money, but things can change beyond their control and it could be the next Universal Escape.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Sounds like Zelda is fairly solid for LC.....,but the timetable has been slow
Pretty remarkable that Sinbad closed in 2018, half a decade ago, and a replacement realistically won't happen until a full decade later in 2028 at the earliest.

Not that Universal isn't investing elsewhere, just not a fan of empty areas.

I wouldn't be surprised if the boat ride aspect is the problem here. The park already has three water rides and doesn't need another, but Zelda needs to have a family thrill ride. It's a more teenage and adult focused franchise.
Zelda boat ride won't get you wet like the others, it's just the means of propulsion/theming. I'd imagine a Zelda ride to be more akin to Pirates of the Caribbean than JPRA. IOA desperately needs an indoor experience available to all (or most) ages.

The building of a land IS simple and straightforward, it's the greenlighting of funding when there are so many projects in the works at once that is the holdup. When you are spending billions building the second park in ten years and have a third on the drawing boards it comes down to spreading out expenses and evaluating economic forces and reception of your current projects before commit to spend more. You don't want to have a Euro Disney situation where you never recoup investment on a new park and are then spending hundreds of millions on other projects all at the same time. They may want to wait and see what Epic does before greenlighting too much more in Orlando or in any of their parks. We all assume Epic will be a big hit and print money, but things can change beyond their control and it could be the next Universal Escape.
Definitely, I don't like that LC is essentially sitting abandoned, but it's understandable. If it weren't for Epic, we'd probably have HTTYD land taking over LC by now lol

Only thing I'm worried about Epic Universe is if Universal's marketing team botches up everything with convoluted messaging on what Epic Universe is. They tried too hard with the Escape stuff, hoping Universal's messaging continue to be clear like they've done so far.

Reactions: biggerboat16
My personal theory is that they’re waiting to do a major Nintendo announcement. They wait until Epic has been up and running for a good while, and then they bring in Miyamoto and do a major expansion announcement where the announce Luigi’s Mansion at Epic, Pokémon at USF, and Zelda at IOA. These will all have different opening dates, but I think they should announce all three together for some three-park Nintendo synergy