Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood)

They can also do an expanded version of the minion walkthrough attraction in that space. In USF you might know is just using up only one of the former Shrek theaters so they can use the other as a black box for Horror Nights. At USH they can make it one large attraction. Though I am not sure they are getting rid of Minion Mayhem as they are opened/opening up new versions at Beijing and Singapore.
Noooooooo do not want.
They're not going to do that. Minion Mayhem continues to get cloned for a reason.
Well, of course it's going to get cloned in Singapore. Singapore is the red-headed step child of the Universal parks. USF's can't really be replaced with anything else as there's no space to work with. USH's has more space to work with for the building so I don't think a replacement is out of the question several years down the line.

Alicia has a point. I mean DWT was rumored to get a new show next month but that has not happened unless they just got the dates wrong and the new DWT show is coming next year instead. But I guess we will find out sometime in 2023 if the Simpsons Ride will close in 2024 or not. Any word on USF's Simpsons land? If USH's is closing in 2024 I would imagine USF's would not be that long after unless it will be the first thing to go post EU opening

Lol

Someone tell Universal that half the park is going away by 2025...lol

Universal will not kick Simpsons until they have not....so not in two years more like 5 if not 6.

We all know it is undisputed that its a matter of when not if The Simpsons are departing USF and USH. For USH one thing I have been wondering about for a possible replacement could be something with the UNI classic monsters. Now with the location of the Hollywood Simpsons Ride being squeezed in and built over a hill, that does not make it possible to do a fleshed out dark ride like say Rise of Resistance. But I with this recent patent filed by Universal looks like it could do large scale dark ride that is well fit to the classic monsters in a compact form factor in the current Simpsons plot.

Thoughts on this patent and potential for a monsters ride?

We all know it is undisputed that its a matter of when not if The Simpsons are departing USF and USH. For USH one thing I have been wondering about for a possible replacement could be something with the UNI classic monsters. Now with the location of the Hollywood Simpsons Ride being squeezed in and built over a hill, that does not make it possible to do a fleshed out dark ride like say Rise of Resistance. But I with this recent patent filed by Universal looks like it could do large scale dark ride that is well fit to the classic monsters in a compact form factor in the current Simpsons plot.

Thoughts on this patent and potential for a monsters ride?

Forbidden Journey in Hollywood is built on a pretty large hill...

They can build pretty much anything, it's just a matter of how much they are willing to spend to make it happen.

Was told fairly recently by someone who was around when it was signed that the Simpsons contract is actually up in 2025, not 2028 as has been speculated on here. So this would track.
The only thing that comes to my mind is a simple question:

When was the contract initially made? If it was made in 2005, perhaps the 20 year contract is not intended for the attraction being open on both coasts; but when the contract was initially made and formed, perhaps it needed to take into account the development time between that of the contract being made, to when the ride opened.

Given the ride had to have new assets made for it, including the score, the film; and the videos; alongside scenic at the time: perhaps they had developed it alongside The Simpsons Movie? Because if that's the case, then a 2005 contract inking could make sense. As a reminder: It will be 6 years from when the Nintendo contract was made to Osaka's opening, and 8 years for when Nintendo's contract was made to the Hollywood area opening. And given how much time Secret Life of Pets had in the developing gambit, perhaps a Blackstone/GE period development could make the contract occur to lapse around the time?

Spitballing here more than all else, but that's the only justification I have to an earlier than we expected lapse period.

I was told fairly recently that you shouldn't trust everything you're told fairly recently

The only thing I've believed at this point, is on something being developed by Universal specifically as a coaster. A coaster that Universal screwed up on keeping secret of. Not saying I believe in the more wild rumors (someone was trying to spout off a Hazbin Hotel attraction replacing Springfield, imagine that xD); but where there's smoke in that one specific aspect..

Last edited:
I just hope if and when this land goes down....it doesn't become just generic land

Potter, Nintendo or something really themed here.....also hope they move the tram so they can use the full hill below the current simpsons ride for a bigger ride

I just hope if and when this land goes down....it doesn't become just generic land

Potter, Nintendo or something really themed here.....also hope they move the tram so they can use the full hill below the current simpsons ride for a bigger ride
This space is kinda limited in that they can't go for the full immersive lands they normally do due to the way its situated and needing to basically serve as a hub for three separate parts of the park. Potter is extremely unlikely and even Nintendo I'd be surprised by

They also have to be careful with putting too much there as it's the main pathway to the lower lot and the tram. A tight land like Hogsmede would lead to crowdflow issues.

This space is kinda limited in that they can't go for the full immersive lands they normally do due to the way its situated and needing to basically serve as a hub for three separate parts of the park. Potter is extremely unlikely and even Nintendo I'd be surprised by
I mean Simpsons land is always packed....so they can do it

Once again, hoping they move the tram so we can use the hill. The hill can be used for soooo many ride buildings over what they are using it for now.