T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The projectors and screens are not the hard part of upgrading this attraction. It's getting the film Digitally Remastered that would cost millions. It seems Universal isn't sure if it should spend that type of an investment for a 21 year old attraction.

If the re-release does better than expected in theaters they might decide the investment is worth it. But that's a long shot.

I can't imagine that cost being too high.. especially coming from Universal. At least not cost-prohibitive

I can't imagine that cost being too high.. especially coming from Universal. At least not cost-prohibitive
Yeah I mean studios digitally remaster full films for Blu ray release all the time. I can't see the studio investing millions of dollars per film.

I know the show is sophisticated, but the film itself is only like 16 minutes

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
Yeah I mean studios digitally remaster full films for Blu ray release all the time. I can't see the studio investing millions of dollars per film.

Yep. Example: Lionsgate has been remastering a lot of the second tier horror classics (Wishmaster, The Gate, Waxworks, Blood Diner, Chopping Mall etc.). They're only doing initial runs of 5,000 BR dvd's per title. So their costs must not be all that high if they're making a profit from such a limited run......( The film was typically Cameron, 16 minutes long only, but at the time it was the most expensive film ever made)

Reactions: Joel

Yep. Example: Lionsgate has been remastering a lot of the second tier horror classics (Wishmaster, The Gate, Waxworks, Blood Diner, Chopping Mall etc.). They're only doing initial runs of 5,000 BR dvd's per title. So their costs must not be all that high if they're making a profit from such a limited run......( The film was typically Cameron, 16 minutes long only, but at the time it was the most expensive film ever made)

I could be wrong, but I it's filmed in a format that supports viewing in 4k. To put it (extremely) simply, it's basically just a new "export" of the footage but at a higher resolution.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Wikipedia says 6 projectors and 30fps so you're approaching feature length amounts of footage. 70mm scans are not inexpensive. You could probably do a reasonable digital version with three 4k projectors. What you lose in resolution would be more than made up for in rock solid stability, increased brightness and better "prints."

I wonder what shape the original elements are in. Ideally they'd have a pristine interpositive to scan.

Reactions: Joel
As with the merge of the various forums, there are some related topics/duplicates. So I won't report everything here, so share a pic and a link to the other topic.

Some recent 1:6 scale Terminator figures from me, all related to Terminator 2 3D.

T23D_group_1-6_01_web.jpg

See all pics: Terminator 2:3D | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Appears as if the seat cushions have been replaced. They're definitely still making constant changes to the show. The Terminator AA's- now only the front ones closest to stage shoot fire. This keeps it more consistent now. Also, only 2 targets come down on each side. Guessing it's more reliable & easier upkeep.

Had such fun when I rode this last Friday. I don't know if it was the Hard Cider brewing within my stomach, but I had a blast rewatching this show. It was my last show of the night, and I just loved it. It wasn't too crowded either!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Had such fun when I rode this last Friday. I don't know if it was the Hard Cider brewing within my stomach, but I had a blast rewatching this show. It was my last show of the night, and I just loved it. It wasn't too crowded either!
It's a great show, it needs re-mastered digital projection and a new sound system and it will be the best 4-D show ever made again...Also, I'm curious what they could do with environmental projection these days