Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of the Official IU Flickr account?

May 11, 2013
Hey all! This is the one I'm talking about:
InsideUniversal.net | Flickr

My concern stems from the upcoming changes to Flickr, most notably a 1,000 image maximum for free accounts. Thankfully, Inside Universal has a Pro account, so everything will stay put when the change happens on Jan. 8 (or more specifically Feb. 5, when they'll actually start deleting images). But I'm wondering how long it will stay that way.

I've loved seeing all the photos posted over the years, along with the blog posts to the site that accompany them (one of the best collections of Universal photos I've ever seen). However, I noticed the Flickr account doesn't seem to be in use for those posts anymore. The last post to Flickr as far as I can tell was August 10, 2017. So I'm just wondering how long the account will stay Pro, and how long the mass of over 34,000 images will stay. Thanks!

All of our images since the merger have been uploaded directly to our site now, hence why Flickr hasn't seen any activity. As far as past photos, I don’t have an answer at this point. When I do, I will update.

Last edited: