The Mandalorian | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

The Mandalorian

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still haven't seen episode 7, never mind the finale. Haven't really felt compelled to based on how this season has been which is really odd for me since I was someone who would watch MAndo almost as soon as it was available the first few seasons.

Did it at least stick the landing and or did it feel rushed?
It was fine. Lol

I still haven't seen episode 7, never mind the finale. Haven't really felt compelled to based on how this season has been which is really odd for me since I was someone who would watch MAndo almost as soon as it was available the first few seasons.

100% rushed - but also not bad.

Rushed, but enough fan service that you barely notice. The final fight was the highlight of the season, even if it felt oddly low-stakes. FWIW, it pairs well with the second half or so of Ep 7, which improves in retrospect. It feels like this was the endgame all along, but they didn't have enough material to feel 6 episodes before it.

I liked the last few episodes, maybe cause I’m not a huge Star Wars fan. To me it feels like
the end of the Mandalorian, at least for now. The characters will obviously continue to pop up, but they really closed out the story, and gave us a clear look at their future/a happy ending. They have a homestead, you know Din will have a job & Grogu is an apprentice where they go on adventures. This will explain them popping up. Also, with the way the frame shrunk into a finale circle, it really gave a “this chapter is closed” vibe.

Also, there’s been some fun theories about Moff Gideon and his mustache. :lmao: He has one in season 1 & 2, but neither him or his clones have one in 3. We also saw one clone, near the end of the line open his eyes. Did he escape? Was that really the real Moff Gideon who they defeated? I’d love to see a Jedi version appear down the line. They can easily pull him back in if they wanted to.

I think the finale episode was dumb fun

It was just a bunch of cool action, and it was fun. I think the last episodes were great but the season as a while would have been better with more set up. It was not bad but its just my least favorite of the three seasons.

I did love the last shot of Mando and Grogu just enjoying life. We rarely get to see Star Wars hero's just enjoying life and this is well earned.

Also looks like Mando will be taking on some of the Rangers of the New Republic stories in the next season. Which I'm all for him going after other Empire cells but also allows him to do other work to make allow different kinda stories to come up as well, so i think next season should be fun.

This finale is big dumb Star Wars fun. A bunch of really good action; and a genuine sense of finality compared to previous seasons in how much was wrapped up in a bow. A lot of this season felt rushed and I think the fault comes to Rangers of The New Republic being canned as it did.

Also like that Grace Randolph is wrong again too.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nico
Two bits of info about what could have been in this season of Mando

1) Boba Fett was suppose to show up but the actor never got a call, as much as I would have loved him in it. This season i get why he was not and will make more sense in season 4.
2) Axe Woves was suppose to die in the finale....and for some reason they saved his character. I like the character but do think it would have made more sense for him to die. We only got paza vizla dying from this whole battle and just would have made sense for Axe to not make it

Reactions: SeventyOne
Finally sat down and forced myself to finish this season. Episode 7 felt overstuffed but still good and I enjoyed the finale as well, although it’s probably the weakest of the three finales and doesn’t leave me too hungry for more seasons of the show.

The season as a whole was a mess. Gideon needed to be brought in much earlier so the ending didn’t feel so rushed. There was also quite a few pointless episodes and just straight up bad ones (Jack Black/Lizzo episode).

Also, were the Red Troopers the same kinda that were in The Last Jedi?

Finally sat down and forced myself to finish this season. Episode 7 felt overstuffed but still good and I enjoyed the finale as well, although it’s probably the weakest of the three finales and doesn’t leave me too hungry for more seasons of the show.

The season as a whole was a mess. Gideon needed to be brought in much earlier so the ending didn’t feel so rushed. There was also quite a few pointless episodes and just straight up bad ones (Jack Black/Lizzo episode).

Also, were the Red Troopers the same kinda that were in The Last Jedi?
They are the Praetorian Guards from film onyl difference is the weaposn they use and armor is a little different but these are basically the next gen of Royal Guards seen in the OT/prequels

Reactions: Jake S
That scene was soooo well done in TLJ. One of many read why I love that movie.
legitimately one of the best fight scenes in all of Star Wars. the music, the choreography, the blocking. the combination of Movie Nerd and Star Wars Nerd and Music Nerd all in one scene.

I kinda prefer this fight because....they win

I dislike so much these "badass soldiers" who have been through hell and they just lose the first time you see them.

I liked the "turn season four into a movie" idea better, frankly.

Season three featured quite a bit of padding and the focus drifted away from Mando and Grogu. I also think a MANDALORIAN movie would be much more of a sure thing than the Rey movie.

I liked the "turn season four into a movie" idea better, frankly.

Season three featured quite a bit of padding and the focus drifted away from Mando and Grogu. I also think a MANDALORIAN movie would be much more of a sure thing than the Rey movie.
That was never happening. They announced the three movies getting made. The Filoni movie is the culmination of all of these Disney+ shows post-ROTJ. That's the movie. I also think that only huge SW fans are watching those shows though so i'm still unsure of how well the Filoni film will do at the box office.

The Rey film is going into production this spring. It'll probably flop due to how bad TROS was, but imo, Rey, Finn, and tbh most of the characters were pretty compelling in the first two films and bad writing screwed it up in the last film. If they have a good script with a compelling purpose for making the movie, then I still think it can be a modest success.

Last edited:
Let's not pretend that when Lucasfilm announces something, that means it's set in stone as happening!

Whether it was ever seriously on the table or not, I think a MANDO movie is a better way to lead-off a new group of films than the Rey movie (a direct sequel to a movie the majority of fans didn't like, and a follow-up to a trilogy that, as a whole, is not looked on very fondly).

Let's not pretend that when Lucasfilm announces something, that means it's set in stone as happening!

Whether it was ever seriously on the table or not, I think a MANDO movie is a better way to lead-off a new group of films than the Rey movie (a direct sequel to a movie the majority of fans didn't like, and a follow-up to a trilogy that, as a whole, is not looked on very fondly).
Yes, they have a long history of announcing things that don't get made lately... but the Rey film is literally filming soon. It makes sense that the D+ shows would culminate in a movie. The High Republic movie that was announced honestly sounds the most exciting.

I am of the mindset that these announced films are happening at this point because tbh, there's no reason to believe they aren't unless you just want to believe that they aren't happening.

I'm happy it's a show over a movie

We have a Movie With Rey, Mando and most likely Ashoha coming out