The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle - Hollywood | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I went in for breakfast before work and talked to Guest Relations about extending the show until Labor Day. They were very nice and supportive! They mentioned that the reason they added parking back to passes was because they got so much guest feedback about it so if enough people contact them about the show maybe they'll consider giving us a few extra weeks! Anyway, I'm encouraging everyone to use #KeeptheLightsOn and #19YearsLater via social media to help promote this and contact Universal when you can. Visit their office at the front or leave feedback online:
Contact Us | Universal Studios Hollywood

If anyone else is interested, please join in!

Thanks!20863215_1478142605595034_2930972596551227100_o.jpg

Reactions: ItsAtrap
I believe in this case the in-house pyro folks want to do the show themselves and not bring in Pyro Spectaculars.

I doubt Universal would have their in-house pyro team work 18 hour days for that lol. From my understanding (this could be inaccurate) their pyro crew is not actually pyro certified except for the one or two guys that actually fire the pyro and are pre-occupied with WaterWorld. The set up guys are just techs. The only way this would happen would be if Universal hired and trained a 2nd shift specifically for Nighttime Lights.

Last edited:
I went to see the night show last night. Be warned, the first two shows (the unannounced 8:50 show and the 9:05 show) were the most crowded I have ever seen Hogsmeade. It was wall to wall with people filling every bit and unable to move. Disneyland on an opening attraction day levels. It was crazy.

It got much more manageable for the 9:25 and later showings, so I'd advise those and just avoiding the area entirely for the first two showings unless you enjoy being stuck in huge crowds.

You are correct, k_peek; the crew are unlicensed assistants working under the licensed operator. And don't forget there is a licensed operator at SES...

As I understand it, USH has 15 licensed operators on their roster. To set up four (or five) shows using what I saw during that test would take four people about two hours. Then another 30 minutes to unload. Looks to me more like a 6 hour shift - 6PM to 12AM.

So I went in for breakfast before work and talked to Guest Relations about extending the show until Labor Day. They were very nice and supportive! They mentioned that the reason they added parking back to passes was because they got so much guest feedback about it so if enough people contact them about the show maybe they'll consider giving us a few extra weeks!
And they did! This weekend (Aug25-27) and Labor Day weekend. You got your wish!

Will you be seeing it the weekend or next?

And they did! This weekend (Aug25-27) and Labor Day weekend. You got your wish!

Will you be seeing it the weekend or next?

Yay!

I mainly want to go Friday, September 1 because that is #19YearsLater according to the books. It's the date of the epilogue. When they say they'll run the show Labor Day weekend does that include? Have they made any official announcement about the extension or is it just listed somewhere?

There has been no sign that the show has been extended. There has been zero posts on social media about it and zero theme park bloggers has reported it. Take what he said with a fine grain of salt

I saw people comment on Facebook over the weekend that it ran. Inside Universal did tweet about it too. Where is the info coming from?

Last edited:
Yay!

I mainly want to go Friday, September 1 because that is #19YearsLater according to the books. It's the date of the epilogue. When they say they'll run the show Labor Day weekend does that include? Have they made any official announcement about the extension or is it just listed somewhere?
According to Universal's website the Nighttime Lights will perform for encore performances September 2-4.

Reactions: ush.hacker
GAH! What about FRIDAY, September 1?!?! That's the actual date of #19YearsLater. It's the epilogue of Deathly Hallows and the start of Cursed Child! That's the only day I really care about having the ligths! That's when the Sorting Hat actually sings his song. C'mon, Universal! Include Friday!

Going to speak up on a little something I got told back in Early January, and decided to wait till tonight. I was told by a close source of mine that Nighttime Lights will be returning later on in the year, but the kicker is that following the debut use of it in both Hollywood and Orlando, Pyrotechnics will now be incorporated into the show going forward.

To give some perspective on what they may look like..

DP...

ZBMx18b.jpg

Last edited: