The State & Future of the Monorails (WDW) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The State & Future of the Monorails (WDW)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The issue then becomes how do you get tens of thousands of guests all the way back there on tiny little Floridian Way? That road could never handle the crowds that would have to get back there and tbh, the garage would likely have to be as big as the one for both IOA and USF for just MK. Then there's the issue of getting the guests to the park as they would have to walk quite a distance AND cross a canal that currently does not have a walking bridge in place and it would need to be a draw bridge too due to the Electric Water Pageant that comes out that way every night.

There's simply too many issues and too much cost to make it worth it for them. Being a local I come in on Floridian way and it's already crowded enough with local traffic... I couldn't imagine if Tourists were being sent back there too.
I think it goes without saying that building a parking garage would entail increasing the roadways to support it. I don't think anyone would suggest just plopping down a giant parking garage on Floridian way as it is now.

There have been plans in the past for a whole new resort area around a second lagoon back there, so I'm sure they've looked into expanding those roads at some point in the past.

There's room for a garage comparable to both of Universal's garages back there. All that would be needed then would be a tramway were the existing walk around the world is. It's really pretty simple.

Now I don't expect it to happen, but I think it definitely could become a potential solution in the next 20-30 years.

There is no money for a new fleet because Disney has never budgeted for one. When the company is run by bean counters means no money to spend when there's no revenue stream. Until someone can prove there's an RoI, they can't find money to buy new trains.

There is no money for a new fleet because Disney has never budgeted for one. When the company is run by bean counters means no money to spend when there's no revenue stream. Until someone can prove there's an RoI, they can't find money to buy new trains.
At this rate, it will take another death to get them to actually do something. Unfortunately i'm not even kidding. I truly think that's what it will take.

At this rate, it will take another death to get them to actually do something. Unfortunately i'm not even kidding. I truly think that's what it will take.
I always said it would take a death for them to fix many of the issues with monorails. Then when that actually happened things only got worse.

Disney of late is very re-active rather than pro-active. It's only when things get too bad that they finally fix things. There are several other attractions that have had incidents or near incidents are proof of this...

Supposedly maintenance spent about 10 mins at the TTC trying to get the door to lock and once the monorail left the door opened after turning the first curve out of the TTC.