The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's a reason that helicopter is there too, lol. 

That is not at all true. That my friend is called a facade. A facade and a photo op. are two totally different things. 

You can still go on naming every section of the attraction saying its a photo op. They fully need and interactive character that you can talk to outside of the attraction or some sort of feeling of interaction outside. During the opening day, which I'm sure you were there. They had many different actors outside of the attractions. Just like how they have the universal monsters. They should have zombies or survivors. Even something like raptor encounter that would be hilarious with zombies.

Im actually asking people to see whats there opinion on it. Is the copter a photo op.

5 YES its a photo op

5 NO its just a facade

The final was 6 saying yes and 6 saying no. It was a tie

You can still go on naming every section of the attraction saying its a photo op. They fully need and interactive character that you can talk to outside of the attraction or some sort of feeling of interaction outside.

Not really. Super Silly Fun Land and Springfield both have photo opportunities that don't require a moving character. I think your definition of a photo opportunity is a bit restrictive.

Not really. Super Silly Fun Land and Springfield both have photo opportunities that don't require a moving character. I think your definition of a photo opportunity is a bit restrictive.

I strongly believe part of a facade is not a photo op. Like of course the cop car and the donut eating cop are photo ops. You can actually stand next to them. You can touch nor are ground level to a helicopter that was intended to be part of a facade. But, the doors are definitely a photo op.

I sort of feel you're splitting hairs.  By your definition, the Grand Canyon isn't a photo op... it's not ground level and you can't touch it.

To me, a photo op is literally that... an opportunity for an interesting photo.  So if it's eye catching in some way, why can't a facade be a photo op?  Isn't that practically the point of that new giant minion they just built?  Who cares if it's not at ground level and you can't stand next to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sort of feel you're splitting hairs.  By your definition, the Grand Canyon isn't a photo op... it's not ground level and you can't touch it.

To me, a photo op is literally that... an opportunity for an interesting photo.  So if it's eye catching in some way, why can't a facade be a photo op?  Isn't that practically the point of that new giant minion they just built?  Who cares if it's not at ground level and you can't stand next to it?

Just saying and I can ask John myself. I did a vote, 6 to 6. Its settled. 

A random polling is not proof. I think you are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Oh trust me, this wasn't some random poll

That Kong on CityWalk; not on ground level, you can't actually stand next to it, you can't touch it. So it's not a photo op.

Haha great point. Im sorry I just don't think that helicopter was intended for a photo op. Its just part of the facade.

I will defend my opinion. Oh, sorry for 3 posts. I will defend what I think. It wasn't some random poll... 6 to 6. Good enough. Everybody is entitled to there opinion.

also the gorilla was made for photo purposes. I'm sorry if I set up my argument saying you have to stand next to it. Thats not entirely true. But, from a professional POV the helicopter unlike the gorilla, was not made for a photo-op. It was intended to be part of the facade.

I mean, I GUESS the helicopter COULD be a photo-op, but in my opinion it would be a really bad one. With all the great places and characters at Universal to take pictures with to either keep as memories or post on social media, I don't see why the helicopter would be your #1 choice, unless you think it is really cool. 

I'm sorry if I set up my argument saying you have to stand next to it. Thats not entirely true.

I was only commenting on your photo-op criteria. If that isn't your criteria for a photo op then it is (as you say) an opinion. You made it seem as if YOUR view was the definitive one based on facts and a poll.

My OPINION is the helicopter is a fine photo up. It was made for photo purposes. I don't think anyone is arguing your opinion - it was your strong stand that based on a poll you are right and others are wrong that caused me to comment. Even with your poll that helicopter is seen as a photo-op by many people. I see it as a photo-op. Isn't that what USH is all about? YOU don't want a picture of it, I do. We both get what we want. No real need for you to prove by a poll that I am wrong. I respect your opinion.

Reminder to please keep these discussions civil. The last thing we need are members arguing over what constitutes as a photo opportunity. 

I personally find the Helicopter horrendous but I know quite a few people who love taking photos with it. Which I guess is why it was incorporated into the façade... to draw guests to that general area. 

Went through the maze today, and happy to say they are changing up some of their usual hiding spots.  Not sure how long it'll last, but glad they finally took advantage of some of the other spaces.

On that note, does anyone know if there is any update to the rumor of them adding the "extra" room in the beginning, and converting the queue area of the waiting room into a part of the maze?