Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walt Disney Family Museum

"The Walt Disney Family Museum (WDFM) is an American museum that features the life and legacy of Walt Disney. The museum is located in The Presidio of San Francisco, part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area in San Francisco. The museum retrofitted and expanded three existing historic buildings on the Presidio’s Main Post. The principal building, at 104 Montgomery Street, faces the Parade Ground, and opened on October 1, 2009.

The Walt Disney Family Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that was formally owned, operated and funded by the Walt Disney Family Foundation—a non-profit organization established by Disney's heirs (including Diane Disney Miller, Disney's biological daughter and founder of the museum). It is not formally associated with The Walt Disney Company, the media and entertainment enterprise." ~ wikipedia.org

Tour The Walt Disney Family Museum - San Francisco California:

The Walt Disney Family Museum on CBS News Sunday Morning (2009):

Media Coverage (air check) - The Walt Disney Family Museum:

The Disneyland of Walt's Imagination - The Walt Disney Family Museum:

Architecture | The Walt Disney Family Museum SFO:

Going to SFO for the first time in October. I'm guessing this is worth a visit?

I wish it was closer to Disneyland...when I visited a few weeks ago I was interested in going but turns out San Francisco is more than an uber ride away. Should've done my research.