The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 284 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I got chocolate reminds me of the ice cream they had at paradise pier at DCA
Out of 10 flavors, most of them unique, you went with basic chocolate :lol:
judging tom cruise GIF

I'm curious how the Butterbeer soft-serve is because I remember not being a fan of the "packaged" Butterbeer ice cream.

That green apple intrigues me. Ugh. We need a full on taste test revue of each flavor. Let's start a gofundme & send someone to do the deed lol

Nice upgrade to the store. Wish they had a large cup size option for the ice cream :D

Honestly, for a theme park serving, it seemed like a relatively large portion.

That green apple intrigues me. Ugh. We need a full on taste test revue of each flavor. Let's start a gofundme & send someone to do the deed lol

For my money, the green apple flavor was really subtle. Maybe a bit too subtle for me. Kinda wish it had a bit more kick. But yeah, I am wondering about the other flavors. Smart move to have so many, it'll guarantee a lot of repeat business! Between this and the Dole Whips at the new Poke place in Citywalk, there's no shortage of ice cream/soft serve around

Reactions: Wesker69
Out of 10 flavors, most of them unique, you went with basic chocolate :lol:
judging tom cruise GIF

I'm curious how the Butterbeer soft-serve is because I remember not being a fan of the "packaged" Butterbeer ice cream.

Lol

First off they have vanilla that’s the most basic flavor
Second chocolate is popular for a reason it’s consistently the best flavor and it was good
I’ll try others later but banana im Definitely saving until despicable me 4

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
First off they have vanilla that’s the most basic flavor
not if its French! That makes it fancy vanilla!

I’ll try others later but banana im Definitely saving until despicable me 4
That reminds me. When we had our orientation day at USH, they let us loose in the park for a bit (so trusting lol). I remembered I had a banana in my sling bag, so it resulted in a great Minion photo-op :lol:

Stopped by the park today on our way home just to pop in on the ice cream. We just got butterbeer flavor in cones, and it was nice, but it essentially tasted like a cone you’d get at McDonalds with a little caramel added to it.

I swear, when I got it in Orlando in 2022, not only was the cone much bigger (I even compared a photo I took to the new one) but it had much, much more flavor to it. That Orlando one was why I was so excited to try ours! Slightly disappointed, but it is what it is, and I’m definitely gonna try a different flavor or two next time I’m at the park.

And that said, I’m glad it’s here regardless. Nice addition to the land, and clearly gonna be a hit based on how many people were just cycling in getting some. It seems clear to me, too, when thinking about it that it was done because Phineas Q. Butterfat is probably gonna be a casualty of F&F opening…

Stopped by the park today on our way home just to pop in on the ice cream. We just got butterbeer flavor in cones, and it was nice, but it essentially tasted like a cone you’d get at McDonalds with a little caramel added to it.

I swear, when I got it in Orlando in 2022, not only was the cone much bigger (I even compared a photo I took to the new one) but it had much, much more flavor to it. That Orlando one was why I was so excited to try ours! Slightly disappointed, but it is what it is, and I’m definitely gonna try a different flavor or two next time I’m at the park.

And that said, I’m glad it’s here regardless. Nice addition to the land, and clearly gonna be a hit based on how many people were just cycling in getting some. It seems clear to me, too, when thinking about it that it was done because Phineas Q. Butterfat is probably gonna be a casualty of F&F opening…
That's a little bit of a shame to hear. Florean Fortescue's in Orlando is some of the best ice cream I've ever had in a theme park. I was hoping Hollywood's would be similar. It's unfortunate that Hollywood's food service doesn't tend to match the quality of the restaurants it shares with Orlando.

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Freak
We just got butterbeer flavor in cones, and it was nice, but it essentially tasted like a cone you’d get at McDonalds with a little caramel added to it.

I swear, when I got it in Orlando in 2022, not only was the cone much bigger (I even compared a photo I took to the new one) but it had much, much more flavor to it
To be fair, when WWOHP opened here, the Butterbeer didn't taste right. A few months later, it was "fixed". I remember when we got the pre-packaged Butterbeer ice cream cups, it was underwhelming as well. I think it's just a weird coincidental Hollywood curse.

I say give it another shot with the Butterbeer flavor after some time has passed.

Reactions: Clive and Nico
Saw the Castle show last now, while the park was pretty packed during the day the show was easy to grab a spot for.....I assume the weekend might be harder but the show should pretty much be something you can walk up to 5 mins before and find a spot to watch it

Ice Cream to me tasted good....like i said before reminds me of the ice cream they had at DCA before it became the Yeti ice cream shop

i know i'm like a week late but i am so sad the earl grey ice cream didn't make its way over from orlando! i had it several times on my last trip and now i dream of that ice cream lol

Stopped by today…it happened to be my first visit to USH since it opened that I didn’t bother with SNW this time. Line was a little too long and only felt like spending a few hours here today. Anyway….

I noticed the screens were a lot brighter than I remembered on FJ. I guess they improved them?

Butterbeer soft serve was pretty good! I’ll try the toffee nut. I still think the ice cream at Diagon is better, but at least we have a good remedy for Potter ice cream over here.