Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The WWE Thread

Vyrus

The man with the master plan
Premium Member
Feb 11, 2010
Miami, FL
Its coming to Miami for all you WWE fans. EASILY will top 80,000 in that stadium.

WrestleMania headed to Sun Life Stadium in 2012
Multi-Sport Events
NFL
Music
Miami Dolphins
Metal and Mineral
Emilio Estefan
Gold and Precious Material
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.
By Jim Varsallone Miami Herald
Miami-Dade County has won the bid to host World Wrestling Entertainment's super bowl WrestleMania 28 in the spring of 2012 at Sun Life Stadium, a week-long event which attracts fans from around the world.

In the three-year process, the area won the bid over other cities under consideration, such as Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York and Toronto.

At a Wednesday press conference in South Florida, officials will detail the weeklong list of activities planned culminating with the WWE WrestleMania 28 pay-per-view at Sun Life Stadium, home to the Miami Dolphins and five NFL Super Bowls. The stadium can seat more than 75,000.

Grammy Award Winner Emilio Estefan and other dignitaries are expected to be present during the press conference, as well as several poiiticians.
It will be the second WrestleMania in Florida and the third outdoors. In 2008, WrestleMania 24 was held at the outdoors Citrus Bowl in Orlando. That event set an attendance record for the stadium with 74,635 fans.

Last year, WrestleMania 26 set a University of Phoenix Stadium indoor attendance record, beating a U2 concert from 2009 by more than 20,000. Mania's attendance was 72,219 with fans from 50 states and 26 countries - a common occurrence. The show grossed $5.8 million as well, becoming the highest grossing entertainment event ever at the stadium.

WrestleMania 26 also generated $45.1 million in economic impact for the greater Glendale/Phoenix area, according to a study conducted by the Enigma Research Corporation. The study said the show also garnered almost $5 million in local, state and county taxes. The economic impact derived from WrestleMania Week equated to the creation of 510 full-time jobs.

Those kinds of numbers are consistent to the host venue and area as WrestleMania Week is a financial gold mine, which is why many cities in North America bid annually for the extravaganza.

Miami had failed to lure the 2011 spectacular to South Florida, losing out to Atlanta. But WWE officials said the city was still on their radar when selecting the 2012 site because of its international ties, facilities, airports and experience hosting hundreds of other mega events.

Sun Life Stadium, home to the Miami Dolphins and five NFL Super Bowls, can seat more than 75,000; attendance records have been broken for venues servicing WrestleMania, a major international event televised to more than 100 countries.

Wow, Florida again. It looked like Toronto was set in stone to host WrestleMania 28. Miami seems like a good venue and outdoor WrestleManias are always good. Could be the the Undertakers final match as well

Wow, Florida again. It looked like Toronto was set in stone to host WrestleMania 28. Miami seems like a good venue and outdoor WrestleManias are always good. Could be the the Undertakers final match as well

Oh damn you think so? Then I just might have to go, he's my all time fave even though I haven't followed it much in 5 years.

Yeah, seems like a safe bet. Undertaker would be going for 20-0 at WrestleMania, assuming he wins his match this year (he will). He'll most likely face John Cena at WM 28, the last legit threat to end the streak.

*SIGH*

The WWE truly is a shell of its former self and the "attitude" days. I miss Stone Cold, the REAL DX, and who can forget the original way Val Venis used to come out.

Gimmicks don't exist anymore unfortunately.

I can definitely see the Rock get inducted next year in Miami. But I think he's gone on record saying he will never wrestle again. Speaking of the Rock, this years WrestleMania is going to have a "guest host" and the Rock has been one of the rumored names.

I don't necessarily think he will have a match, which would be ill if he does, but I think it's likely we'd see him come in the ring and give someone a people's elbow or something. Similar to when Hogan was inducted into the HoF the next night he came out and made a save on someone getting beat down. The crowd would go INSANE and it would take little to no effort from the Rock. Either way I'd like to go cause his Hall of Fame induction is sure to be epic. He & Chris Jericho are my 2 favorite wrestlers of all time so it'd be sick to see.

If the Rock would just show up period, I think it would be awesome, but any kind of involvement with him would be great especially if someone who was his rival at one point is inducted at the same time would be fun.

But my all time faves will always be Stone Cold and Undertaker in WWE, RVD, Sabu, and the Dudley Boyz from the original ECW, and Sting from WCW.

I think he'll get inducted next year. I was hoping he would this year but since Shawn Michaels is leading this years class, that won't be happening. It would be fitting for Stone Cold to induct him, probably the best rivalry of all time. I can't believe it's been 10 years since the epic WM17 match

The Rock returned to Raw tonight. He will be the guest host of WrestleMania. It was great to see him back. He did his usual stuff and teased a feud with John Cena. You guys should check it out

Drew guessed that the Rock might wrestle for the event since he'll probably be inducted into the HoF down here.

CALLED IT!

Rock vs. John Cena confirmed. Generation vs Generation. This is like Rock vs. Hogan all over again. I'm definitely going now.

Did you?!? :lol:

I don't necessarily think he will have a match, which would be ill if he does, but I think it's likely we'd see him come in the ring and give someone a people's elbow or something. Similar to when Hogan was inducted into the HoF the next night he came out and made a save on someone getting beat down. The crowd would go INSANE and it would take little to no effort from the Rock. Either way I'd like to go cause his Hall of Fame induction is sure to be epic. He & Chris Jericho are my 2 favorite wrestlers of all time so it'd be sick to see.

I didn't buy Wrestlemania 27 and I'm glad I didn't. But from what I've seen the Undertaker vs. Triple H match was awesome. But WOW. I'm surprised they announced this a whole year in advance. It's going to be crazy. A whole year leading up to this. It will certainly be epic.

Yeah, I can't believe they announced this a year in advance. I thought for sure the match would happen at SummerSlam. I did watch WrestleMania 27 and it was definatley one of the weaker WMs to date. I think not having a Money in the Bank ladder match this year hurt it, as thats usually match of the night. Triple H vs Undertaker was pretty good, not as good as the Shawn Michaels matches but it was good, HHHs entrance was awesome. I think if anyone seen Raw tonight, they basically planted the seeds for the rematch next year. Makes sense since the only other logical opponent for Undertaker, John Cena, already has a match. So it might as well be Triple H facing Undertaker in what will most likely be Takers last match.

John Cena vs. the Miz was a huge letdown. Cenas shown in the past that given the right opponent, he can have a great match. Wasn't the case with the Miz. It was just slow and the crowd was dead and just waiting for the Rock to show up and give Cena the Rock Bottom. The crowd was dead the whole night actually. So if any OU guys are attending next year, try and get the noise level up!

Yeah, I can't believe they announced this a year in advance. I thought for sure the match would happen at SummerSlam. I did watch WrestleMania 27 and it was definatley one of the weaker WMs to date. I think not having a Money in the Bank ladder match this year hurt it, as thats usually match of the night. Triple H vs Undertaker was pretty good, not as good as the Shawn Michaels matches but it was good, HHHs entrance was awesome. I think if anyone seen Raw tonight, they basically planted the seeds for the rematch next year. Makes sense since the only other logical opponent for Undertaker, John Cena, already has a match. So it might as well be Triple H facing Undertaker in what will most likely be Takers last match.

John Cena vs. the Miz was a huge letdown. Cenas shown in the past that given the right opponent, he can have a great match. Wasn't the case with the Miz. It was just slow and the crowd was dead and just waiting for the Rock to show up and give Cena the Rock Bottom. The crowd was dead the whole night actually. So if any OU guys are attending next year, try and get the noise level up!

I really don't get the big push for the Miz. He's just annoying. Even if he's supposed to be that way, it's gone wayyyyy beyond being entertaining. Hopefully WWE wakes up soon. Maybe the Rock or Cena could have the belt by next April haha

Yeah, they must really be planning ahead. So this means Cena won't be in the Royal Rumble match, and what if he gets seriously injured? I also hope, sometime in the next year that The Rock has some matches on TV, because when WrestleMania 28 comes, it will be 8 years since Rocks last match. Now, I don't see him winning the match anyway but to make us believe he could, he needs to go on a final run. Because theres no way that after 8 years away from active competition, that he can beat WWEs superman, John Cena.

Hopefully the Rock won't dissappear until January. WWE seems to have lost its way though. More talk, less action. So maybe it's gonna be a year of the Rock bringing it live via satellite til we get closer to Miami.