This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And suddenly, I quietly hear Karen Irwin and Mark Woodbury quietly greenlight multiple USH projects like SLoP and Parking expansions to accomodate more capacity..  ;)

Honestly, It's great to see Universal Hollywood get this type of crowds; as it means great things ahead for the resort of Universal Hollywood..but one question has always popped up.

Has Universal ever considered buying out the Sheraton and the Hilton? I would think, that out of anything, they could benefit off of purchasing those two hotels and converting it into resort property for Universal. Perhaps it's just me, but that's just a thing I've thought of in the past that I want to bring up..

Has Universal ever sold out before?  I'm curious as to what is the maximum amount of people allowed in to the park before they are considered "sold out".

The employees there were saying it was the first time it's ever reached capacity and had to turn people away at the gate. I don't know if it's true, but it's what they were saying.

The employees there were saying it was the first time it's ever reached capacity and had to turn people away at the gate. I don't know if it's true, but it's what they were saying.

I was there today also and left at around 2. They started turning people away from the gate at around the time I left and I think I saw somewhere that there were 45k people there.

The park was insane today. The traffic leading up to it was beyond awful. They managed the crowds really badly. Mummy and transformers singer riders were not open.

Even Magic Mountain stayed open an hour later than scheduled due to the crowds there.  Though it was a Bring a Friend Free day, and will be for the next few days.  But all the SoCal parks seem pretty slammed.

Reactions: chris.g
A new record has been set for daily attendance with nearly 45,000 guests going to Universal yesterday. I'm guessing many have been saving up their one-day tickets for the holiday season instead of purchasing a new pass.

Dang, I was there a few weeks ago and felt it was odd that forbidden journey was 70 minutes. But yeah, wait times like that, I am glad to not be at the park.

Can I ask where you get those numbers from?  And what's the capacity cut off for Disney, DCA, and SFMM?  Curious to see how it compares, especially to DCA, since that's a fairly compatible size (though I suppose it does have more attractions).

Can I ask where you get those numbers from?  And what's the capacity cut off for Disney, DCA, and SFMM?  Curious to see how it compares, especially to DCA, since that's a fairly compatible size (though I suppose it does have more attractions).

SFMM's is 45K-50K. They close the parking lot before actually closing the gates. Happens from time to time during Fright Fest.

Today was definitely not the worst, but Potter still hit 250 a majority of the day. It dropped significantly closer to 8, but park hours got extended so it could be chalked up to people not realizing it was staying open later. Also, according to TM's, the "system went down park wide" so I definitely feel bad for them. It's been a wild week for them.

If they didn't use those Timed Entry Kiosks then, guess they're never going to be used, barring an unforeseen application later on. 

If they didn't use those Timed Entry Kiosks then, guess they're never going to be used, barring an unforeseen application later on. 

Yeah, you would think that the day they have to literally deny entry to guests out of fear of going over capacity would be the ideal time to use the timed entry kiosks. Oh well.