Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

Not yet. I imagine it'll be there when it does open, but if Orlando is any indication, it could be a few more weeks before any Universal owned Citywalk business opens.
I thought Universal would be pushing for a 4th of July opening but now I wonder if the park will even open before HHN with all these "hot spots" popping up

I know they would be aiming the 4th as opening weekend. Sucks it didn't happen.

I'm still of the mindset as long as you enforce the rules (which over in Florida the parks are) then you should be able to open, but I guess its not all bad. My pass will now be good until like early next year.

I'll be honest, the continued delay baffles me when Los Angeles, the primarily epicenter of the state's infections, has elected to reopen bars. I would argue a COVID-proofed theme park is far safer than any bar scenario.

I'll be honest, the continued delay baffles me when Los Angeles, the primarily epicenter of the state's infections, has elected to reopen bars. I would argue a COVID-proofed theme park is far safer than any bar scenario.
Maybe it's more people go to bars or at least people they think will get upset and protest.

But aren't the cases spiking up way more in OC? Where there's vicious outcry to NOT wear masks (because freedom)?

I would hope Disney would do better and require social distancing and masks, but they're smack in the middle of an area that practically refuses to do it. Could be creating a lot of tension.

Personally, I would be fine if it didn't open for a while longer.

Maybe it's more people go to bars or at least people they think will get upset and protest.

Even then, that logic would then need to be equated to Orlando, as they have their parks open even amidsts COVID-19 and the protests.

__

Low-key (and I understand if we need to move it elsewhere for it), but part of me wonders..if we're going to have a repeat of Ohio, to where tourism for theme parks may be regarded as not ideal, and thus a coalition in this case of corporations taking legal action to allow them to open the parks.

Happened as I mentioned in Ohio, as Cedar Fair and Kalahari had to threaten (and I believe file for Cedar Point and Kalahari's case) in the legal terms to get their parks to open.

Even then, that logic would then need to be equated to Orlando, as they have their parks open even amidsts COVID-19 and the protests.

__

Low-key (and I understand if we need to move it elsewhere for it), but part of me wonders..if we're going to have a repeat of Ohio, to where tourism for theme parks may be regarded as not ideal, and thus a coalition in this case of corporations taking legal action to allow them to open the parks.

Happened as I mentioned in Ohio, as Cedar Fair and Kalahari had to threaten (and I believe file for Cedar Point and Kalahari's case) in the legal terms to get their parks to open.

I mean, Disneyland straight up released their "proposed" opening plans when the official authorized announcement got pulled at the last second. That's a show of force. They will fight tooth and nail to open on those dates.

No idea why Universal is playing this so quietly.

Just heard from a gaffer friend of mine at Uni that they are starting to do some dry runs of filming in a stage on the lot to see how feasible it would be to work on the lot in these current conditions. I know it’s not park news, but the studio is a big part of the park. Just thought I’d throw that info out there.

Looks like another 170 USH TM's laid off, per the California employee dev dept website (USH seems to be much more responsive than UOR with publishing these, I'm guessing a CA/FL difference there). Not unexpected, but obviously never great to actually see. From what I've heard there's very little left that hasn't already been cut.

1604933639905.png

Any news on them opening Food/shops in the upper lot?

They said almost a month ago they were thinking about it and haven't heard anything yet