Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

Fingerprint scanning needs to go. It’s so annoying and makes the lines way longer than they should be.
Mine rarely works, so out of frustration they gave me an ID sticker on my AP pass. I show my drivers license with my pass, and there's no hold up. Smooth as silk.

I'd suspect fingerprint scanning is not for the convince of the park guest... it's for the security of the park. I imagine there's a whole lot less fraudulent pass use at USH. With a photograph, anyone with a passing resemblance could sneak through with someone else's pass. Do main gate employees ever stop people because they don't look like their picture? And even if they did, isn't that causing an even larger delay?

Besides, all the pictures that Disney needs to take at their main gate for all the non-AP guests slow the line down just as much as the fingerprint scanning USH, so what's the difference? And the fact Knott's allows you to upload your own pic is ridiculous. I uploaded a pic of myself that's over 10 years old (I like the pic, lol), and I've never been questioned at the gate. That's not exactly great security on display, when you think about it.

At the end of the day, this is a first world problem. It doesn't bother me all that much. :shrug:

And I've been to over 90 different parks, in case anyone is wondering. ;)

I’m just shocked they haven’t put hand sanitizer on the booths for after you touch the same surface as everyone else.
Why would they? But if you are thinking that some virus (won't mention name) spreads via touching the scanner, then they would have it at all the rides again. It wasn't a problem 2 years ago to touch the scanner prior to the closure and it is not a problem now.

Why would they? But if you are thinking that some virus (won't mention name) spreads via touching the scanner, then they would have it at all the rides again. It wasn't a problem 2 years ago to touch the scanner prior to the closure and it is not a problem now.

lol there’s more than just that virus out there on surfaces… some people really don’t wash their hands. they also have stations when you get off rides now.

i like how there’s hand sanitizer stations in public places now in general, it’s been long overdue. hope it stays after the pandemic.

lol there’s more than just that virus out there on surfaces… some people really don’t wash their hands. they also have stations when you get off rides now.

i like how there’s hand sanitizer stations in public places now in general, it’s been long overdue. hope it stays after the pandemic.
One good thing that has come out of Covid is the abundance of hand sanitizer. Pretty nice to be able to clean my hands after putting my hands on the lap bar and handrails.

I'd say 95% of the time, they don't bother to match photos with faces. At Knott's, I use Apple Wallet and they usually just stare at my screen and scan as I swipe through our passes. Sometimes I go with my kids without my wife and I'll scan her in so I can use her meal plan so they're not even matching the number of scans with how many are entering.

And the fact Knott's allows you to upload your own pic is ridiculous. I uploaded a pic of myself that's over 10 years old

You should upload Snoopy's headshot and see how long it takes before they catch on. Haha.

I used my college ID to get student discounts until I was 30.

Seems that single rider lines have been closed on the lower lot. Anyone know if this is permanent or just for holiday season?
Thought I'd give an update for those who don't know. Single Rider is still closed on the Lower Lot with signs down. Seems they aren't bringing it back any time soon

Went to the park today

The Hollywood and Dine is the only building decorated for Chinese New Years, the Animated store next door has some merch but it's not much. The Main Plaza is bare...nothing there at all.

Out door Mask Mandates are no longer in effect in LA, I would think by this weekend Universal is allowing Vaccinated Guests (which will mean basically everyone will do it) to be mask less in the park