Tiana's Riverboat Party- New Upcharge | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Riverboat Party- New Upcharge

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

GAcoaster

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
"Guests at Magic Kingdom Park will soon be able to enjoy sweet treats and exclusive viewing of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade while aboard the Liberty Square Riverboat during Tiana’s Riverboat Party: Ice Cream Social and Parade Viewing. The experience will include a scenic cruise on the Rivers of America after the parade, while Guests mingle with Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.

Pricing is $49 for adults and $29 for children (ages 3-9)."

Actually not a bad idea since it gives you the "exclusive" viewing of the parade and the ice cream on the boat. It's worth it just to not have to fight for a parade viewing spot.

Reactions: frank_1991_
And to add; those "regular guests" (you know those who pay $100 to get in the gate) will no longer have all day access to the Liberty Belle. 25% of this attraction's time will be reserved for those willing to pay extra.

How sad is this direction TDO is taking, almost as bad as neglecting to add to or maintain the parks for 10+ years

Definitely. This is great, but I'm still waiting for my actual Tiana restaurant...
That's for when they dock the boat entirely and turn it into a restaurant :lol:

Sadly, these days, that's not that big of a stretch for people to believe that Disney would do. There is a Tiana's place that was recently built on the Disney Wonder though, so Disney clearly hasn't forgotten about the movie entirely.

If any princess actually fits in Disneyworld is Tiana, half the film took place in a swamp ;) but despite a cash grab glad more Tiana in the park. Hopefully she will get a dark ride next

That's for when they dock the boat entirely and turn it into a restaurant :lol:

Sadly, these days, that's not that big of a stretch for people to believe that Disney would do. There is a Tiana's place that was recently built on the Disney Wonder though, so Disney clearly hasn't forgotten about the movie entirely.

Well they would like to fill in the river and flatten TSI to build more IPs so it is not a stretch to think a steamboat shaped restaurant is in the files somewhere. I doubt they would use the boat but a replica is not out of the question.

Lots of room left in the graveyard

Admiral Joe Fowler Riverboat

I wish they had turned the Empress Lilly in DS into a PatF themed Cajun restaurant run by Ralph Brennen's.
I was hoping that that's what they were gonna do before they announced Paddlefish. It would've made more sense seeing that cajun food is one of the only food types not represented in DS. Also, with Boathouse a short walk away, it only would've made sense.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I was hoping that that's what they were gonna do before they announced Paddlefish. It would've made more sense seeing that cajun food is one of the only food types not represented in DS. Also, with Boathouse a short walk away, it only would've made sense.
Well, HoB is pretty Cajun, but HoB and Brennen's Jazz Kitchen existed a lot closer together for 16 years in DtD Anaheim.

Well, HoB is pretty Cajun, but HoB and Brennen's Jazz Kitchen existed a lot closer together for 16 years in DtD Anaheim.
That's true, but the actual HOB restaurant is so far removed from everything else in DS that the only time I ever consider eating there is before seeing a concert or the very few times i've gone to Cirque.

This is ridiculous. The most expensive Disney parks already ask for $35 for preferred parking, upcharge holiday events, upcharge dessert parties and dining, $700 cabanas, and now this. With all this extra money flowing in, I would expect even more money pumped into the parks.

TDO makes me sick.

Technically, the investment is finally happening in the parks. Someone asked me what new attractions to Universal parks vs Disney parks yesterday and I said Avatar land, Toy Story land, Avatar land.. vs Jimmy Fallon and Fast & the Furious. Disney's offerings sounded more robust.. even though we all know they're lightyears away. But you can definitely tell the tide is turning.

There once was a time Disney would build amazing rides. When you exited trough the shop you just needed to buy something to take home with you. But that is probably not enough anymore or people stopped buying stuff.