Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!

Deadline is reporting as an exclusive--Steven Caple Jr. (Creed 2) is in the front lines of taking on the director's chair for the reboot of Transformers.

The reboot will be set after the events of Bumblebee, as Joby Harold conducted the writting of the script.

I was going to ask then why do Bumblebee...but if it still counts in the universe then cool.

I really hope they let other villains lead and have other motivates this time Make Star Scream into more than just a guy who runs away....and maybe Soundwave.

Now THIS is going to raise Anthony Ramos's profile a TON. He wasn't big enough to car In The Heights, but Transformers pretty much carries itself. He should bring some actual good acting to the movies, too.

On one hand - Beast Wars is my favorite version of the characters (given it’s what I grew up with) and this announcement has me pumped.

On the other hand - I’m so burnt out on Transformers in general that even Bumblebee (which was objectively a solid film compared to its predecessors) still didn’t get me excited. Michael Bay ruined this franchise and its image in my opinion and it’s going to take a lot to redeem it.

On one hand - Beast Wars is my favorite version of the characters (given it’s what I grew up with) and this announcement has me pumped.

On the other hand - I’m so burnt out on Transformers in general that even Bumblebee (which was objectively a solid film compared to its predecessors) still didn’t get me excited. Michael Bay ruined this franchise and its image in my opinion and it’s going to take a lot to redeem it.
As you said, Bumblebee was good. However, with this being part of the mainline of movies instead of a spin-off (which didn't make a lot of money), I don't expect this movie to be much of anything besides another Bay-splosion crap fest.

As you said, Bumblebee was good. However, with this being part of the mainline of movies instead of a spin-off (which didn't make a lot of money), I don't expect this movie to be much of anything besides another Bay-splosion crap fest.
At least Bay isn’t directing this one….but still you’re right, I don’t have a good feeling.

Is Bay involved in any way? That bum needs to leave the transformers alone and let a competent mind handle them.

Is Bay involved in any way? That bum needs to leave the transformers alone and let a competent mind handle them.
He's listed as a producer, but that may just be a legal thing at this point.

I will say, getting the Creed 2 director is actually kind of brilliant for this storyline. Now they just need to not over-do-it with SFX and focus on story, but i'm sure they know that already, given it's been a chief complaint about the franchise for years.

He's listed as a producer, but that may just be a legal thing at this point.

I will say, getting the Creed 2 director is actually kind of brilliant for this storyline. Now they just need to not over-do-it with SFX and focus on story, but i'm sure they know that already, given it's been a chief complaint about the franchise for years.
The Jerry Bruckheimer of the transformers universe

I just don’t want humans

like you’d think after all these films you’d get we don’t care about humans….I just want robots smashing into each other

Movie time is 2 hours

I'm so excited, this might be a good fun film. Its around Bumblebee's time and 20 mins shorter then the first film which are the best ones....the other ones that I think are just...crap are all over 230 and part of the reason is pacing. These films are dumb fun but its not so fun when you drag them out, so very happy to hear it could be a good time.

After.....like 15 years we finally got a solid Transformers film (Bumblebee was great but also like a one off character movie vs the Transformers team)

I'm excited to see it this weekend and enjoy a fun popcorn film without random sex jokes and military propaganda

After.....like 15 years we finally got a solid Transformers film (Bumblebee was great but also like a one off character movie vs the Transformers team)

I'm excited to see it this weekend and enjoy a fun popcorn film without random sex jokes and military propaganda

It was easily my favorite Transformers movie. The humans aren't nearly as annoying as the previous films. I really hope they make enough money this go around to make another sequel in this series.

It was easily my favorite Transformers movie. The humans aren't nearly as annoying as the previous films. I really hope they make enough money this go around to make the next iteration of this series.
Great to hear

I hope it makes money from Over seas because I think in the US, the series isn't as big any more .

My biggest hope for the sequel is that Dinbot (who is not a Dinobot somehow but a Predacon or Maximal) makes an appearance he was always my favorite from the Beast Wars show...and who doesn't love an anit hero that is a Raptor that tail becomes sword

It was easily my favorite Transformers movie. The humans aren't nearly as annoying as the previous films. I really hope they make enough money this go around to make another sequel in this series.
There's an Optimus movie coming out next November I believe. I don't think the box office will be there like it used to though. Paramount let Bay run this franchise into the ground.

Even though Bumblebee was great and this may be too, the brand has been tarnished.

There's an Optimus movie coming out next November I believe. I don't think the box office will be there like it used to though. Paramount let Bay run this franchise into the ground.

Even though Bumblebee was great and this may be too, the brand has been tarnished.

Bumblebee is better than it has any right to be, but yeah, audiences I think are pretty done with this franchise. It costs so much to gamble on. If this brings in enough money, the sequel they're alluding to will bring people back to see these.

Bumblebee is better than it has any right to be, but yeah, audiences I think are pretty done with this franchise. It costs so much to gamble on. If this brings in enough money, the sequel they're alluding to will bring people back to see these.
I liked the film but also....I don't think these films should be about one character

Transformers are about having groups fight...which this film seems to be doing well. The end scenes look insanely fun