Transformers: Rise of the Beasts | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I liked the film but also....I don't think these films should be about one character

Transformers are about having groups fight...which this film seems to be doing well. The end scenes look insanely fun
Yeah, it helped having everyone back in it. Plus the action was finally manageable, as in that I could tell who was fighting who!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I do plan on seeing this this weekend on a double header with TLM probably. Was gonna go on Wednesday night to see the A-List preview showing (for the patch they give away only), but had other plans.

To compare, the $58M-$60M is an opening weekend improvement by about $14-$16M as The Last Knight opened with only $44M domestic in 2017 and finished with only $130M domestic and $605M Worldwide.

Much like F&F, the real thing keeping the franchise alive Transformers has always been overseas box office.

Its a fun film when the Transformers are on screen

While the human characters are better then Bey films by a mile, still don't care about those parts of the story

Less humans more robots, same with Sonic...no one is seeing these films for the fact "main" characters and heard teens loving it as they walked out and a dad saying he had trouble not falling asleep.
To me these films should not try to aim for the parents seeing the films but the fans of the Transformers but still a good time

Reactions: SeventyOne
Its a fun film when the Transformers are on screen

While the human characters are better then Bey films by a mile, still don't care about those parts of the story

Less humans more robots, same with Sonic...no one is seeing these films for the fact "main" characters and heard teens loving it as they walked out and a dad saying he had trouble not falling asleep.
To me these films should not try to aim for the parents seeing the films but the fans of the Transformers but still a good time

If you recommend waiting for this to come to streaming I'll take your advice, but can you post a spoiler of the final scene? I puzzled out the gist of it, but curious how specific it is.

If you recommend waiting for this to come to streaming I'll take your advice, but can you post a spoiler of the final scene? I puzzled out the gist of it, but curious how specific it is.
They invite the main human character for a job interview and it turns out its GI Joe trying to hire him in hopes to work with the Transformers

I’m planning on seeing this Thursday in Dolby alongside The Blackening.

PLF showings are really one of the main ways I like to see any movie now… theater chains 100% need to increase the amount of PLF auditoriums there are at each location. Disney Springs has 24 theaters and there’s only ONE Dolby?!? Surely with how it always sells out there’s enough demand for a second…

I’m planning on seeing this Thursday in Dolby alongside The Blackening.

PLF showings are really one of the main ways I like to see any movie now… theater chains 100% need to increase the amount of PLF auditoriums there are at each location. Disney Springs has 24 theaters and there’s only ONE Dolby?!? Surely with how it always sells out there’s enough demand for a second…
Agreed

Dolby and Primes here sell out and would not mind more preemie theaters

Echoing comments from before, Transformers only won the box office because of Premium formats. so for sure we need more of those installed

And had Spiderverse stayed on Premium formats for a second weekend (if there was more premium screens), it would likely have had a very minor drop this weekend, probably in the low to mid 40’s in terms of it’s % drop.

And had Spiderverse stayed on Premium formats for a second weekend (if there was more premium screens), it would likely have had a very minor drop this weekend, probably in the low to mid 40’s in terms of it’s % drop.
It seems like money is being left off the table

I know not all theaters can have 2-3 premium theaters but at places where they can it should become the normal.
6 million bucks from just this film alone is a lot of money to leave on the table.

It seems like money is being left off the table

I know not all theaters can have 2-3 premium theaters but at places where they can it should become the normal.
6 million bucks from just this film alone is a lot of money to leave on the table.
The problem is theaters are too cheap to upgrade the auditoriums. Which I know Theatrical is a razor thin profit margin they are working with, but combining a few theaters to make one giant Dolby (or something) I’d say over time would more than make back the money easy since Premium screens is how audiences are increasingly preferring to see movies.

The problem is theaters are too cheap to upgrade the auditoriums. Which I know Theatrical is a razor thin profit margin they are working with, but combining a few theaters to make one giant Dolby (or something) I’d say over time would more than make back the money easy since Premium screens is how audiences are increasingly preferring to see movies.
I don't blame them

The studios left hem to die during covid, but if some of these bigger theaters in LA/NY can get more upgrades that should work out for everyone

I feel bad for all of you that are too young to have experienced the grand theater experiences of the 1950's/1960's , and before. The huge, ornate theaters with the fabulous screens really enhanced the film experience. Movies today just don't have that Wow factor that the old time theaters were able to create.

I feel bad for all of you that are too young to have experienced the grand theater experiences of the 1950's/1960's , and before. The huge, ornate theaters with the fabulous screens really enhanced the film experience. Movies today just don't have that Wow factor that the old time theaters were able to create.
Some are still around in NY, LA, London, Paris and other random areas. Disney's El Capitan for example is absolutely beautiful and is exactly the type of theater you're talking about. Seeing a movie there is like seeing a movie in a cathedral.

Some are still around in NY, LA, London, Paris and other random areas. Disney's El Capitan for example is absolutely beautiful and is exactly the type of theater you're talking about. Seeing a movie there is like seeing a movie in a cathedral.
Yes. Pittsburgh still has two of those grand theaters, and they have been restored/converted into the Cultural District, and now stage the Pittsburgh Symphony, high brow concerts, The Pittsburgh Ballet and various Broadway touring theater shows. Two slightly smaller restored theaters, in that same Cultural District, do local production of plays, musicals etc.....If any of you saw the Tony Awards show, staged at a one time Lowes Theater, on Sunday, that's basically what the theaters looked like. Just a great experience....and up until the late 60's, people dressed for the show, in suits and dresses.

Shout out to watching Nightmare Before Christmas 4D at El Capitan, its an amazing experience

Reactions: UNIrd and Jake S
Saw this movie tonight in 3D - Would've seen it in Dolby, but my showing of The Blackening ended about an hour after a showing started in Dolby and 2 hours before the next one began.

I used to like the franchise back in the beginning (the Shia trilogy), but the last time I saw any Transformers proper film period (so not counting Bumblebee) was 2011's Dark Of The Moon. That was also the last Transformers film I saw in theaters as I saw Bumblebee at home. I highly enjoyed Bumblebee and is part of what mad me interested that maybe things have changed with the franchise.

So thoughts? The movie took a bit for me to get into, not just with the human characters, but pretty much everything until Pete Davidson's Mirage comes on screen. I can see how some people potentially may not like Pete Davidson's style of humor, but imo, he honestly is a huge highlight for me. The fight sequences weren't ridiculously over the top like the Bay films, I like how they really did flesh out Anthony Ramos' character over the course of the movie and try to make him more than just "one of the humans" in a Transformer movie.

Oh, and that tease at the end??? I am so sold on that. I hope this movie makes enough for a sequel, i'm so here for the Hasbro Cinematic Universe :lol:

Finally saw the film properly via Paramount+, and I share a lot of similar thoughts as others; but if I may I would like to compare this with another film. In that,

Transformers: Rise of The Beast, is this year's Godzilla: King Of The Monsters. It is a very great Transformers film, not the best of the series still (that goes to BumbleBee); but it is a "good" blockbuster. Not great! There are a lot of editing choices and sound mixing choices that are very weird, the abundance of Autobot time compared to Maximal and even Humanoid time is a bit jarring, and the film didn't really have that human connection that BumbleBee has.

But where it excels at, is when in the perspective of someone who adores the series, who wanted to see this kind of film finally handled. And while I am really hopeful in what comes next for the timeline, I wanna see where they go with how they tell Optimus and Megatron's story in Transformers: One. I wish we got more proper decepticon elements in this film; besides the collection Scourge has.

On a normal GP level, probably a comfy 7/10. As a Transformers fan, 8/10.

also Pete Davidson's Mirage was the best Autobot in the film, better than Optimus *runs*