Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Treehouse of Horror

Dec 30, 2012
There needs to be a scare zone or house based on the Treehouse of Horror series! A mostly funny gag-based house would be a nice change of pace. It could feature Sideshow Bob trying to kill us with cameos by other Springfield residents. Use the IP!

I have no idea why this rumor keeps coming up. I find it absolutely impossible for this to actually happen. To have a bunch of costumed characters walk around would not only be hell for the actors but management. It's hard to walk in one of those things let alone scare. Another thing is it would be crazy expensive to make full cast costumes of characters you'll only use once. I don't know how much that krusty costume costs but I'm sure it's expensive and to make 20+ of those I just can't see it. It wouldn't be scary, funny or reasonable. I can't see this happening at all. It's adding a kiddy section to horror nights. Now a ride overlay on the other hand, I can see that happening

First, the reason it's repeatedly brought up is the obvious tie-in of a Halloween event and a television Halloween tradition going strong for 25 years. That plus the recent expansion of Simpsons presence in the park.

Second, it's ironic you're concerned about the cost of costumes but then suggest an entire ride overlay, which would be many many times more costly.

Third, it wouldn't be funny? Do you not find Treehouse of Horror funny? What planet are you from?

THOH_Kang_and_Kodos.png

First, the reason it's repeatedly brought up is the obvious tie-in of a Halloween event and a television Halloween tradition going strong for 25 years. That plus the recent expansion of Simpsons presence in the park.

Second, it's ironic you're concerned about the cost of costumes but then suggest an entire ride overlay, which would be many many times more costly.

Third, it wouldn't be funny? Do you not find Treehouse of Horror funny? What planet are you from?

THOH_Kang_and_Kodos.png

At least you could reuse the overlay every October during the day aswell, I guess you could re use this too but you'd get sick of it, especially if it's the same exact thing. Sure it's a tie in but so are other horror shows and of corse I think the treehouse of horrors are funny, they are the best episodes in the series. I just don't think it would work as a house and especially a scare zone

I think they absolutely need to do Treehouse. All of Springfield was so awkward last year. Don't get me wrong the area is amazing especially at night, but it was such a stark contrast to the rest of the park and kind of killed the mood. At least having Treehouse there would help with the theme and potentially have better music piping through it.

Just thinking off the wall here but what if they overlaid Springfield with Halloween decorations fitting to the series, and did a Treehouse of Horror event for the daytime guests?

Granted the clowns at Toon Lagoon weren't totally cartoony but it didn't break the overall atmosphere and was a nice spacer.

What about Halloween decorations through Springfield and an overlay of the ride with a new pre show and ride film.

I want this, and the Simpson's to be wearing Halloween costumes from the show. Then they could also have a special character dinner as an upsell for during the transition from day to night.