TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As a West Coaster, I'm pretty jealous you guys are getting it. I really hope they'll consider this for DL if/when they finally decide to fix TL. But for now, congrats for finally getting an awesome coaster. Too bad you have to wait a long time for it.

WDW is not lookin too shabby for its collection of coasters. Space Mt, RnR, Everest, GotG, Tron, Seven Dwarfs...I hate that you all have great coasters at your Disney. :p

Your parks have a soul. That's something MK will never have.

Stitch should also see something new I imagine so I think they're going for a much needed refresh of tomorrowland....very welcome indeed.

For me, Adventureland must be next but I feel we're like a decade away from seeing any movement on that now...but the area needs some work.

Reactions: Alicia
Stitch should also see something new I imagine so I think they're going for a much needed refresh of tomorrowland....very welcome indeed.

For me, Adventureland must be next but I feel we're like a decade away from seeing any movement on that now...but the area needs some work.
I wonder if they'll cycle back to the Wreck-it Ralph concept or not. Last I heard it was dead.

Give me a solid Tomorrowland aesthetic update and I can be happy with MK for awhile. Adventureland and Frontierland could use it eventually, but Tomorrowland is just painful to look at.

Reactions: violarum and Nick
Give me a solid Tomorrowland aesthetic update and I can be happy with MK for awhile. Adventureland and Frontierland could use it eventually, but Tomorrowland is just painful to look at.
They've already sort of started with the purple rocks, the EPCOT Center style CoP sign, the new Joffrey's Coffey location (the colors used and the architecture really fits the direction of the land).

TRON should help a lot with adding a nice aesthetic that fits the current direction, but the fact that Stitch and Laugh Floor are so cartoon-y and they're the first things you see when you enter the land really hurts right now.

Reactions: Alicia and Sledge
I would imagine they would want an attraction that's not seasonal to be the first thing you see when you head into Tomorrowland. So hopefully they've got something in the works for that space too.

Reactions: Joel
If they announced that at D23, I would give back Tron, Guardians, and the Mickey ride.
It baffles me why they won't do it again. Disney likes quick and dirty overlays but Disney fans would complain about it. This would actually be the one cheap overlay everybody wants! They could barely change anything with a few updated effects and everybody would praise it.

Yeah I know, parents were dumb, kids were traumatized, yadda yadda yadda. They can find some ways to better warn parents about that. After its closure, its gained quite a following over the years; not to mention there are so many people (such as I) who wishes they could experience it. Just bring it back. If they HAVE to brand everything, they could have it tie into the Marvel universe somehow. After all, we did see some X-S Tech papers in the Collector's Office in his fortress. They could even market if with a Marvel comic book and tie into GotG somehow.

Take my idea Disney! Just take it and bring it back!

Reactions: UNIrd
There's one sizeable pad, it stretches out beyond the train tracks though I think so the Train would once again have to be altered.

Check out the concept art, looks like there are stairs leading into the entrance, so they will basically have you go over the train to get into the ride it seems, making it easier to build it.

I wonder how the ride will look like backed up against World Dr. there.

14e10y1.jpg

9zsscn.jpg

Check out the concept art, looks like there are stairs leading into the entrance, so they will basically have you go over the train to get into the ride it seems, making it easier to build it.

I wonder how the ride will look like backed up against World Dr. there.

14e10y1.jpg

9zsscn.jpg
Ehh, that's a big pad back there, I doubt it'll look that weird. I'd actually expect that there will be room for a small berm between Tron and World Dr. whereas a berm doesn't exist between Space Mtn. and World drive at all.

Since it'll be a big draw too, it'll be a bonus because much like Thunder/Splash, it will draw people to a very deep section of the park.

That back corner of the park will definitely help pull crowds away from 7dmc, maybe I can actually ride it and not wait so long or worry about getting a FP lol

That back corner of the park will definitely help pull crowds away from 7dmc, maybe I can actually ride it and not wait so long or worry about getting a FP lol
And I think the Speedway will only become more popular if it gets the rumored Tron overlay (and updated cars), as well. They could very easily build a canopy roof over many segments of the speedway just like they did for Lightcyle Run in Shanghai and at night it will light up blue, etc. Really give a nice aesthetic to the land.

Reactions: azox and Joel
Maybe they will remove...LOOSEN the restrictor plates and allow the cars to go faster...Nothing like driving through the Grid at a crisp 5 mph
They would probably come up with some lame backstory that you are a user in training. Only "experienced" users are ready for the high speeds of the grid in Lightcycle Power Run.

I haven't looked at a Tron POV for Shanghai yet... for those that have (or if you've been on it), where would you place it among WDW's coasters? I'm assuming GotG will be a coaster as well, but we know so little that we can't judge thrill level on that yet.

I haven't looked at a Tron POV for Shanghai yet... for those that have (or if you've been on it), where would you place it among WDW's coasters? I'm assuming GotG will be a coaster as well, but we know so little that we can't judge thrill level on that yet.

From what I can tell, it is rather short; about on-par with Space Mountain in Paris in length. As for the ride itself, it seems with the tight-neck turns and corners around the attraction, it uses a lack of space albeit efficiently; using the speed and tight layout to it's advantage.

Atleast, from what I see.

Reactions: Coasted and Nick