TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A bit more supporting evidence from the rumors of TRON getting pushed off to 2022 as the ride wasn't mentioned during the virtual IAPPA panel today:

Seems silly to wait. Parks are open, even at limited capacity. People will come.
Hopefully a vaccine will be available by mid Spring, and we look forward to a robust Fall event calendar.

Reactions: belloq87
Seems silly to wait. Parks are open, even at limited capacity. People will come.
Hopefully a vaccine will be available by mid Spring, and we look forward to a robust Fall event calendar.
Seems silly to waste a marketable headliner. Remember Runaway Railway? Disney got burnt HARD on that opening. It was open for less than two weeks before the parks closed and now it's just another ride at DHS. Like, sure most people haven't done it yet, but many would've booked trips for this summer to do RotR and Runaway Railway. Until travel outside of the US starts again, Disney won't be opening anymore rides, i'd book that.

Reactions: Grabnar
Seems silly to waste a marketable headliner. Remember Runaway Railway? Disney got burnt HARD on that opening. It was open for less than two weeks before the parks closed and now it's just another ride at DHS. Like, sure most people haven't done it yet, but many would've booked trips for this summer to do RotR and Runaway Railway. Until travel outside of the US starts again, Disney won't be opening anymore rides, i'd book that.

fair point.

Even with a vaccine, it may be a slow recovery for the parks, so they need ammunition for 2022, 2023, 2024 as they build attendance back to where it was, especially if the economy takes a while to recover.

I've heard from more than one source Tron is indefinitely delayed now.
They can't even peg the year 2022 to it?

EDIT: Okay I'm still confused about this. Surely 2022 is certain even if they don't resume construction till October of 2021. They've already committed to finishing the canopy and the interior theming doesn't seemed that complicated.

Last edited: