Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TRON Lightcycle Run

The mouse has decided that delaying rides is more profitable than opening them, We keep giving them money for this.
I think they are trying to move their 2020-21 rides to now be spread out between 2021-23 so they have things opening in the coming years after COVID while they are still trying to save money.

Personally, after my AP expires in February, I’m not renewing until things are far more back to normal and there’s new things to experience. Right now, my pass is just wasting away as I very rarely go anymore (for many reasons). It’s just not fun currently, nor is it worth the risk.

I think they are trying to move their 2020-21 rides to now be spread out between 2021-23 so they have things opening in the coming years after COVID while they are still trying to save money.

Personally, after my AP expires in February, I’m not renewing until things are far more back to normal and there’s new things to experience. Right now, my pass is just wasting away as I very rarely go anymore (for many reasons). It’s just not fun currently, nor is it worth the risk.
I wouldn't renew either. They are cutting entertainment and hours while keeping the same high prices. They are on of the greediest companies I have ever seen.

I'm not sure they are confident they won't have to shut down again so they are playing it very close.

I'm not sure they are confident they won't have to shut down again so they are playing it very close.
I don't see how they think they'd have to close WDW again after everything has happened. But this isn't a COVID thread...

So what, they give us Rat and Harmonious in 2021, Tron in 22, Guardians in 23?

I don't see how they think they'd have to close WDW again after everything has happened. But this isn't a COVID thread...

So what, they give us Rat and Harmonious in 2021, Tron in 22, Guardians in 23?
Guardians was always before Tron. Now that even more is riding on it, I expect to see it in either late 2021 or first half of '22.

Guardians was always before Tron. Now that even more is riding on it, I expect to see it in either late 2021 or first half of '22.
I guess I shouldn't care since I'm not that interested in the post Runaway Railway WDW slate, but this doesn't bode well for new attractions in other parks, except for Paris and Hong Kong where certain investments are locked in.

So they were always planning for it to take precedence over the new attraction in the park that is turning 50?

Odd, odd choice, especially given that 2022 is Epcot's 40th, which would have seemed like a more natural fit to open Cosmic Rewind.
I mean, technically MK's 50th will run all the way through 2022, so it would've still been marketed as a 50th addition.

While I think opening one of Rat, Guardians and Tron a year from 21-3 is a good idea to carry them through to when tourism recovers, I completely agree with you. Aside from which, my appetite right now is for big coasters, and the other parks in FL are set to provide that in the coming year and at a cheaper price.

Last edited:

I wouldn't renew either. They are cutting entertainment and hours while keeping the same high prices. They are on of the greediest companies I have ever seen.
My pass expired at the beginning of the month, and I'm not renewing. The current experience + COVID climate isn't even worth downgrading to a weekday select pass.

I mean, technically MK's 50th will run all the way through 2022, so it would've still been marketed as a 50th addition.
Sure, but why wouldn't you want your centerpiece new attraction open for the actual 50th anniversary day if it's even remotely feasible? I know I sure would, but then again, I don't run the Walt Disney Company.

While I think opening one of Rat, Guardians and Tron a year from 21-3 is a good idea to carry them through to when tourism recovers

And in all fairness this...

2019: Smuggler's Run & Rise of the Resistance
2020: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
2021: Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
2022: Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
2023: TRON Lightcycle/Run

... is a pretty incredible and ambitious multi-year slate (setting aside the quality of the individual attractions). It's just that we know they weren't supposed to be spaced out like that, and it's only happening (if it's happening that way) to pinch pennies.

Sure, but why wouldn't you want your centerpiece new attraction open for the actual 50th anniversary day if it's even remotely feasible? I know I sure would, but then again, I don't run the Walt Disney Company.

Disney doesn't care about your experience. They care about ticket, merchandise, and food sales.

If you're going for the 50th celebrations, you'll return to ride Tron.

Disney doesn't care about your experience. They care about ticket, merchandise, and food sales.

If you're going for the 50th celebrations, you'll return to ride Tron.

Or, conversely, maybe I'll only go to Magic Kingdom once TRON's open, and if it's not open for my November 2021 trip, maybe I skip MK at that time.

So they were always planning for it to take precedence over the new attraction in the park that is turning 50?

Odd, odd choice, especially given that 2022 is Epcot's 40th, which would have seemed like a more natural fit to open Cosmic Rewind.
GotG was going to open next Spring. TRON in time for the anniversary.

EPCOT is in need of enough help to where it can't/couldn't afford to wait for celebratory timing.

GotG was going to open next Spring. TRON in time for the anniversary.

EPCOT is in need of enough help to where it can't/couldn't afford to wait for celebratory timing.
Yea, MK isn’t hurting for visitors right now.

There’s a reason modified park hopping returns in January, and that reason is probably that no one’s reserving EPCOT, so maybe this way they’ll go after their first park and spend some money.

New rides at EPCOT are going to help it immensely.

Yea, MK isn’t hurting for visitors right now.

There’s a reason modified park hopping returns in January, and that reason is probably that no one’s reserving EPCOT, so maybe this way they’ll go after their first park and spend some money.

New rides at EPCOT are going to help it immensely.

That does make perfect sense, since admittedly Epcot has always been a park you park hop to, and with no park hopping currently available, it's weaknesses are just amplified to an insane degree. There's just not enough to justify staying there for a whole day.

Last edited:

And in all fairness this...

2019: Smuggler's Run & Rise of the Resistance
2020: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
2021: Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
2022: Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
2023: TRON Lightcycle/Run

... is a pretty incredible and ambitious multi-year slate (setting aside the quality of the individual attractions). It's just that we know they weren't supposed to be spaced out like that, and it's only happening (if it's happening that way) to pinch pennies.
I think during good years it shouldn't be unreasonable at all for a resort as expensive and crowded as disney world to add major attractions at this rate. They were just underinvesting overall for many years before that.