TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not saying Tron/GotG have the same weight as Potter, but the fact that why spend money on a WDW vacation this year when next year offers more to do.
I still think they’ll be fine, since most people that visit wouldn’t know what’s opening in 2022 anyway.

Not saying Tron/GotG have the same weight as Potter, but the fact that why spend money on a WDW vacation this year when next year offers more to do.
Because most of those people haven’t done Rise of the Resistance, more haven’t done MMRR, and none have done Ratatouille at Epcot.

Disney’s construction speed track record aside, it would be reckless to open Tron and Guardians on top of all of that.

I'm not sure if Ratatouille's really the ride to do that. I have a feeling it might be like Little Mermaid at DCA, a much neede ride that draws attention for a year but eventually receives meager wait times. But the DCA situation is different than the Epcot situation, so perhaps Ratatouille will be more broadly.
Ratatouille will receive headliner waits until 1-2 more rides open post-Guardians. Test Track will always have high waits, but Rat will probably fall into the territory Frozen and Soarin' are currently in once Epcot has more big attractions (and those two could be down to peak SSE-levels after Guardians).

With the news that Tron won’t open for 2021 we decided to cancel our WDW trip in favor of universal. Reason being is that there is more “new” things for us to see and do. We haven’t been to universal since ‘15 so we have a lot to catch up on there.

Reactions: Mad Dog
With the news that Tron won’t open for 2021 we decided to cancel our WDW trip in favor of universal. Reason being is that there is more “new” things for us to see and do. We haven’t been to universal since ‘15 so we have a lot to catch up on there.
So you came for Diagon and it was so bad you didn't come back? :wave: :grin:

• Haha
Reactions: Doug A.
There’s something you don’t see every day. That’s surreal. It’s like something you would see at those old abandoned Olympic sites, not Disney World.

There’s something you don’t see every day. That’s surreal. It’s like something you would see at those old abandoned Olympic sites, not Disney World.
Yup. Looks like they're getting ready to let the building sit there untouched for about a year once they finish the canopy.

Reactions: shiekra38
Unless the outside panels are like drywall where you put it in place then cut the openings to size after the fact.

Unless the outside panels are like drywall where you put it in place then cut the openings to size after the fact.

They don't appear to be a concrete panel, so it's likely an easily cut material. This, by itself, doesn't mean a lot. It could easily be a measure to weather control work on the inside.

But combine it with the delay rumors, and it seems more like a confirmation.

Maybe they just want to save on air conditioning and those big holes were letting all the cool air escape? Kind of like when my dad would say, "Close the door!! Were you born in a barn?" Of course, my typical response would have been, "Well, you would know!" except that fear and common sense overrode my normal behaviors.

Unless there is a HUGE sudden turnaround and everything is back to normal in the next month or two, highly doubtful. My understanding is it's a budget issue, and until the "new" budget starts in October, there's no money to finish it until then.