Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TRON Lightcycle Run

I had not heard that, but either way they look like a mess company wide, especially in regards to construction when their chief rival put a coaster up with no problem at all. I won't be spending any money passes for a long time.
When your entire company relies on human interaction, be it vacations (theme parks, RunDisney, DCL, Adventures By Disney, etc), filming movies/TV, and sports, then it’s understandable that a company would look like a mess during a pandemic that hinders every single one of those sectors.

The only division of Disney doing well right now is their streaming division... because people are home. People don’t want to go to their local AMC, let alone get on a plane and go to a busy theme park.

The spine project is the center section of the old future world (where the Communicore/fountain of nations was). It's suppose to have a 3 story tall festival center with a park-like roof top area, a Moana wet play area, and some other things (Starbucks?) I have already forgotton. Right now it looks a little like the Death Valley.

Oh, that spine! I thought it was yet another issue with Space 220.

The thing about comparing Disney and Universal in this way is that they’re both successfully doing the same thing: opening one big attraction or area per year.

Disney starts earlier on several projects at once, while Universal moves more quickly on fewer projects at a time.

If Disney worked like Universal, that wouldn’t mean Tron would be open by now, it would just mean that they would’ve waited until late last year to start construction, because the goal was always to open in 2021 (now 22).

The thing about comparing Disney and Universal in this way is that they’re both successfully doing the same thing: opening one big attraction or area per year.

Disney starts earlier on several projects at once, while Universal moves more quickly on fewer projects at a time.

If Disney worked like Universal, that wouldn’t mean Tron would be open by now, it would just mean that they would’ve waited until late last year to start construction, because the goal was always to open in 2021 (now 22).

If Disney spent like Universal, they could open a new ride every year.

Disney spends *more* than Universal does on their projects.The issue is that money never seems to be spent efficiently
While this is not incorrect, it’s also important to remember that about 30% of the amounts you hear thrown about for Disney rides go to toward two line items that aren’t actually construction costs (or meant to be at least).

One is purely fluff, the other I’ve never seen mentioned online so I won’t be the first.

While this is not incorrect, it’s also important to remember that about 30% of the amounts you hear thrown about for Disney rides go to toward two line items that aren’t actually construction costs (or meant to be at least).

One is purely fluff, the other I’ve never seen mentioned online so I won’t be the first.
Yeah, Disney tends to add a lot into their budgets that are for park improvements, etc. The rides are still too expensive though.

Does anyone remember that moment in Shrek when they see Duloc for the first time, and it’s this massive monolithic structure? That’s what I think about every time I see these new show buildings.

Given all of the tiers, they really could have done something more visually interesting to the backside (where visible from Contemporary) with minimal effort. Cancel the staircases, add some slopes to connect different levels, and, while not a masterpiece, you already have a vast improvement.

Disney seems to be weirdly obsessed with fall protection on the roofs of all its buildings. There’s the OSHA rules and then there‘s some bizzaro world in Reedy Creek where every roof needs a handrail around the edge.

That’s the only reason I can think of for all those staircases... it honestly looks like they’re planning on having to evacuate hundreds of people off the roof.

Disney seems to be weirdly obsessed with fall protection on the roofs of all its buildings. There’s the OSHA rules and then there‘s some bizzaro world in Reedy Creek where every roof needs a handrail around the edge.

That’s the only reason I can think of for all those staircases... it honestly looks like they’re planning on having to evacuate hundreds of people off the roof.
Just an FYI, almost all Disney attractions are designed to CalOSHA standards.