Tomorrowland Speedway | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Tomorrowland Speedway

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why is it surprising? MK is still hitting record numbers and the more area there is, the better.

If they went the electric car route, I would love Tesla to get involved some how with the parks. Probably not the speedway as kids crashing into each other probably isn't a good way to sell the brand. It would be good PR for Tesla and if they can even get some Disney Easter eggs in their cars, the Disney fans would lose their minds.
Tesla won't pay for a partnership. They don't pay for traditional marketing at all.

Personally, I don't understand why Disney let's sponsorship dictate so much of their theme park agenda when they have the cash flow to pay for rides themselves. But, I don't want to get on that rant right now :)

Reactions: Scott W.
The problem is that MK's infrastructure cant handle much more in the way of crowds. The monorails are certainly pooping out and the ferries cant do it on their own.

They already did the hub redo and bypass walkway and yet still have to walk guests along the west side of mainstreet with cones and such through a parking lot because it gets too crowded.

Meanwhile.. Epcot was built to host more guests and yet has fewer. That's where the smart money should be spent. (And it has higher guest spending, let's not forget that.)

The problem is that MK's infrastructure cant handle much more in the way of crowds. The monorails are certainly pooping out and the ferries cant do it on their own.

They already did the hub redo and bypass walkway and yet still have to walk guests along the west side of mainstreet with cones and such through a parking lot because it gets too crowded.

Meanwhile.. Epcot was built to host more guests and yet has fewer. That's where the smart money should be spent. (And it has higher guest spending, let's not forget that.)
Well, they did put their #1 IP in Epcot.....;) Too bad it was too little too late.

Why is it surprising? MK is still hitting record numbers and the more area there is, the better.

If they went the electric car route, I would love Tesla to get involved some how with the parks. Probably not the speedway as kids crashing into each other probably isn't a good way to sell the brand. It would be good PR for Tesla and if they can even get some Disney Easter eggs in their cars, the Disney fans would lose their minds.

Considering their existing relationship with GM, I'd say Tesla wouldn't happen. Now a Chevy Bolt(or Volt or whatever they are calling them now), would be a possibility.

This is where you politely point out how many attractions are family-friendly at WDW.

I did and I got this response lol

Wow...you don't think I know that. I was talking about a two year old driving a car with his dad and mom. Pretty unique eh? Kids/families love this attraction and you all want to replace it with a coaster themed to a cult following movie.

:rolleyes:

I did and I got this response lol

Wow...you don't think I know that. I was talking about a two year old driving a car with his dad and mom. Pretty unique eh? Kids/families love this attraction and you all want to replace it with a coaster themed to a cult following movie.

:rolleyes:

Most people on the internet want to replace anything with a coaster - themed or not. They want to replace Dragon Challenge with another coaster and they wanted Spaceship Earth to become a coaster too.

Thankfully these people don't win out all that often.

Most people on the internet want to replace anything with a coaster - themed or not. They want to replace Dragon Challenge with another coaster and they wanted Spaceship Earth to become a coaster too.

Thankfully these people don't win out all that often.

I've always thought that Tomorrowland could use a dark ride themed to highways of the future. Trackless style or ride system like Spiderman. A lot of fun could be had. Didn't need another coaster, per se. However, I do like coasters and Tron does look enjoyable. Dark rides have the advantage of longer ride times, though, and in a park needing more capacity, that would potentially be a better way to go.

That's not me at all either... I just want unique experiences from my Orlando parks. If they can add a bit of a thrill to them even better, but it's not a requirement. I will take Spaceship Earth or The Mummy over Rip Ride Rock-it any day of the week. If this were Peter Pan or ET I would totally get it, but the Speedway is just.... nothing, and the Tron coaster looks amazing with great themeing that ties into the area

Per Martin, the Speedway isn't being replaced by TRON. It will remain and be refurbished, and the coaster will go behind it.

Might need to put a tunnel over the train or figure out some way for it to interact. I think that outer part of that building shell may not cover the coaster, so it might be able to be redesigned as well. Either way, it fits on the plot. It does not fit on the speedway plot without a train re-route.

tron.jpg

My bet is the outdoor covered section of the Tron Coaster is actually over the new Tron themed electric car "Speedway".

a_380491479.jpg

Might need to put a tunnel over the train or figure out some way for it to interact. I think that outer part of that building shell may not cover the coaster, so it might be able to be redesigned as well. Either way, it fits on the plot. It does not fit on the speedway plot without a train re-route.

View attachment 4807

Is that pic to scale? It looks bigger than it should be.