Tomorrowland Speedway | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Tomorrowland Speedway

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With this Tron rumour back on the table after such a long silence, I wonder if this has any correlation to that on-again-off-again Tron:Legacy sequel. Even if this is only in the cards again because Shanghai was a success (and they can now clone it stateside for cheaper), it may help that poor movie get greenlit again lol.

With this Tron rumour back on the table after such a long silence, I wonder if this has any correlation to that on-again-off-again Tron:Legacy sequel. Even if this is only in the cards again because Shanghai was a success (and they can now clone it stateside for cheaper), it may help that poor movie get greenlit again lol.

The only thing that I think would save the film franchise is if James Gunn got the chance to give it a proper take.

TBH, I want to see him take on a series like Tron; as I think there is more than enough potential for him to do something unique with it, as a full on reboot. Not a sequel, a reboot.

Yeah again, I'm not discounting anyone's nostalgia they might have towards it, but there are there were two car rides in my local amusement park growing up. I would rate them both higher than the speedway. There is nothing special, or unique, or futuristic, or interesting, about this attraction. #sorry :D
I was shocked when I rode the Autopia at Disneyland (just for giggles, having worked there at WdW). Its much longer, the roads don't all go the same way and it actually has decent theming.

Reactions: Andysol
I feel like they would try to keep it inside the park, If it were to go all the way back there would you even be able to see it behind the Speedway?
Might need to put a tunnel over the train or figure out some way for it to interact. I think that outer part of that building shell may not cover the coaster, so it might be able to be redesigned as well. Either way, it fits on the plot. It does not fit on the speedway plot without a train re-route.

View attachment 4807

I feel like they would try to keep it inside the park, If it were to go all the way back there would you even be able to see it behind the Speedway?
I think part of the outside track might pass over parts of the Speedway. So, yes.

EDIT: Space Mountain is visible from inside the park and it's on the other side of the tracks. So, no difference really.

Reactions: Speed
Unless I misunderstood what they were saying, it seems that Orlando Informer is saying the Tron ride in Orlando won't have the same futuristic light-up roof. To me, that was the part that made it cool. :(

According to Screamscape this morning, it seems they are already trying to find ways to cut the budget on this project...From Screamscape "the latest rumors suggest that the WDW bean counters have already got ahold of it and figured the quickest way to cut the budget on the project was to remove the huge light-up canopy/roof structure that covers the entrance and outdoor portion of the ride." I think taking this part of the attraction away greatly diminishes the way it fits into Tomorrowland and would be a real shame.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
That'd be super dumb for this ride specifically... aesthetically it's beautiful, but at the end of the day it is only slightly longer (ride time) than RNRC.

Reactions: Alicia
So new rumor on that "other" board is a Tron Land of sorts, with the Speedway basically becoming a Tron speedway, and the Tron Bike Coaster being up and over it. Sounds way too good to be true in my opinion.

Reactions: Alicia
They'd need to make the cars electric, which wouldn't be a bad thing because in current form they don't really fit the Tomorrowland look and feel. An outdated attraction in an already outdated land.

And perhaps an entrance that's less in the segue of Tomorrowland and Fantasyland and more near the entrance of Space Mountain? Will be very interesting to see how they shove this thing into that plot of land.