Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tomorrowland Speedway

Honestly, I bet it's more cost effective to rebuild the track completely than to have to re-engineer the entire load of the structure because footers and supports might interfere with the existing ride. Plus, factor in grading, which will need to happen as the land Speedway sits on is uneven.

No one ever would've thought that Pandora world get a whole land devoted to it either, but here we are.

While I get what you are saying, Avatar is the biggest box office movie of all time. I can at least see how it got built. A Tron land is a bit mind boggling.

While I get what you are saying, Avatar is the biggest box office movie of all time. I can at least see how it got built. A Tron land is a bit mind boggling.
It'd be more mind boggling to me if a Tron ride didn't already exist and MKs Tomorrowland wasn't in desperate need of help.

I think looking like a fun ride and somewhat fitting the "futuristic" theme is more a factor than IP in this case. Kinda like Song of the South fitting the theme and ride type they wanted in Splash Mountain, even though they ain't ever releasing that film again.

It'd be more mind boggling to me if a Tron ride didn't already exist and MKs Tomorrowland wasn't in desperate need of help.

I think looking like a fun ride and somewhat fitting the "futuristic" theme is more a factor than IP in this case. Kinda like Song of the South fitting the theme and ride type they wanted in Splash Mountain, even though they ain't ever releasing that film again.

Yeah, I guess if you look at it as what they save on R&D will make up for what they won't make on merch from a different IP, I can see it.

Well at least putting the Tron coaster in. Redoing the speedway and making a mini land still makes me scratch my head.

Plus, Disney doesn't like paying another company licensing fees anymore, so anything they own is looking like better options at this point.

Tron is the best idea surrounded by awful movies (sorry Tron fans), the visuals far out weigh the narrative. That being said I LOVE the idea of a Tron mini land, mainly because it's so visually striking.

I really hope this rumor is true.

Tron is the best idea surrounded by awful movies (sorry Tron fans), the visuals far out weigh the narrative. That being said I LOVE the idea of a Tron mini land, mainly because it's so visually striking.

I really hope this rumor is true.
The story is strong. It's just Disney does SciFi really badly. Just ask Dr Hans Reinhardt.
7c760695d667c800d4d99da896cef6d1.jpg

Ok, hype aside.

What's the logical justification for putting what would ostensibly be a popular attraction into MK at this point in time?

It won't spread crowds out. Adding more people is a problem for this park not a goal, and the infrastructure is already pretty strained.

I just don't get it.

Would be nice I guess (I'm not a coaster person but not opposed to nice ones with good visuals and such) but what's the business case for spending this money?

Someone die and have it in their will..?

Ok, hype aside.

What's the logical justification for putting what would ostensibly be a popular attraction into MK at this point in time?

It won't spread crowds out. Adding more people is a problem for this park not a goal, and the infrastructure is already pretty strained.

I just don't get it.

Would be nice I guess (I'm not a coaster person but not opposed to nice ones with good visuals and such) but what's the business case for spending this money?

A highly popular, low capacity attraction no less.

I won't complain if Tron comes to MK, but the park needs high capacity rides, too. To balance out the park though, Adventureland sure could use a major E.

Ok, hype aside.

I just don't get it.

Yeah, I don't really get it either, I mean it's nice that Disney wants to add more attractions to MK, but I don't think it will help any when it comes to capacity. At least not this ride. They need another people eater.

Adding a ride still eats up some capacity though.

Ok, hype aside.

I just don't get it.

Maybe they do it so they can close SM for the two years it will take to rebuild it? Once done they do have more capacity and the speedway eyesore is fixed?

Ok, hype aside.

I just don't get it.

If anything is going to have infrastructure problems it will be DHS.

Looking at DAK- they did an incredible amount of expansion areas- and those started opening two years before Pandora did with Harambe expansion, restaurants, walkways, etc.
They should be opening the beginning stages of expansion at DHS this year- yet they haven't done a thing. It's going to be a mess over there if they don't start construction over there and start it quick.

Maybe MK and Epcot are being added onto because they are nervous about people making DHS a two day park. Or at least one and a half days (SWL and rest of park one day then just SWL) and the infrastructure can't handle it. They need MK and Epcot to remain and become 2 day parks, respectively.