Twister...Ride It Out | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Twister...Ride It Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hot take: Twister was bad and was made fun of all the time, including by Jack the Clown during HHN25. It's time was and is over. Fallon is better.
A hot take indeed. :eyes:

Fallon, IMO, has an engaging and unique queue. That alone is worth entering the building. The ride? Meh. Maybe I see Twister as being more entertaining and more of a stand-out attraction in its design and execution - not necessarily categorically "good" compared to its in-park neighbors.

Fallon, IMO, has an engaging and unique queue. That alone is worth entering the building. The ride? Meh. Maybe I see Twister as being more entertaining and more of a stand-out attraction in its design and execution - not necessarily categorically "good" compared to its in-park neighbors.
I think Jack knew Twister was on the way out and the semi-script called it out. Another inside ha ha like much of B&T.
BTW the energy "Jack" brought to the '25 show was awesome, the man was in his element and the difference that was "friend of Jack" and what he did on stage was stark. Erin too, give me the first string the talent was on display and I love watching experts at work.

Reactions: USO92

I can appreciate Universe of Energy's music, ride system, dinos, and humor but still realize it was a 40-minute snooze fest of outdated info that was falling apart. Guests hated UoE and love Guardians, even if IMHO Guardians fits as well in Epcot as Zootopia at AK. That's how I view Twister - some neat components that never meshed together into a whole and never satisfied guests.

Reactions: USO92 and GA-MBIT
Wait a minute, the cow was an animatronic? It always looked like a papier-mâché sculpture :lmao:
I really miss this attraction though. Imo it was far more interesting than the Fallon ride and it'd still hold up today. Also, check the insane level of detail in that set! You really felt like you were outside when you walked into that room. The pre-show areas were also incredibly well themed and always gave such an eerie, nightmarish feeling with the wind blowing and the sirens blaring.

Hot take: Twister was bad and was made fun of all the time, including by Jack the Clown during HHN25. It's time was and is over. Fallon is better.
wrong chicken GIF by happydog

Wait a minute, the cow was an animatronic? It always looked like a papier-mâché sculpture :lmao:
I really miss this attraction though. Imo it was far more interesting than the Fallon ride and it'd still hold up today. Also, check the insane level of detail in that set! You really felt like you were outside when you walked into that room. The pre-show areas were also incredibly well themed and always gave such an eerie, nightmarish feeling with the wind blowing and the sirens blaring.
The cow(s) definitely evolved over the years! I remember at one point the cow had the Esmoo Dairy logo on it which really leaned into the ridiculousness, but eventually it changed to the more realistic looking cow, both of which were sold in the prop shop!

Older style flying cow
CVal-zwVAAAxWON.jpeg
Newer style flying cow
P1050670.jpg

EDIT: A 3rd cow has been spotted!
The old set of photos I linked above are from when a crew went in to replace the original Esmoo cow. So this other cow was the second iteration from what I can gather. It does look similar to the final cow but this one has it's legs in a different position and the colouring/pattern is different.

From a crew member who took the original photos:
"I did go on location to replace and test the upgraded cow a few months after the attraction opened. We did all of our work at night and had to replace the old cow in time for the morning opening until we had the new cow in place.
They wanted the attraction to be more like the movie, so we made a more realistic cow.
Designed to make it flail a bit, it didn't work as expected. The fur was too inflexible and the motion of moving it across stage was too smooth to make the limns shake. I would do this completely differently if I had to do it over. Hindsight 20/20 and all that."
hZ8tG4x.jpeg

Last edited: