Uncharted (2022) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Uncharted (2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just watched this on Netflix. It was a good time, although I could've done without the over-the-top nature of it all that was sort of in the vein of recent F&F movies. The main antagonists were written worse than a bad Marvel villain, too. Like I said though, I had a good time with it overall and everyone I watched it with enjoyed it as well.

I’ve never played the games, without that context was a fun action film that I agree Nick, could take itself a tad more seriously. Having Tom Holland be a fool for most of the movie didn’t sell me he’s this bad ass hero. Also, not his fault, weird not seeing him as Peter Parker.

Great popcorn flick though, im excited for the sequel.

Reactions: Nick and Grabnar
I’ve never played the games, without that context was a fun action film that I agree Nick, could take itself a tad more seriously. Having Tom Holland be a fool for most of the movie didn’t sell me he’s this bad ass hero. Also, not his fault, weird not seeing him as Peter Parker.

Great popcorn flick though, im excited for the sequel.
I can excuse the acting like a fool part because this is sort of an origin story for Nate and he’s never done this before.

In the video games, Nathan Drake is about 20 years older (as is Sully) and this is something they’ve been doing together for a long time, so he’s a pro at it.

I can excuse the acting like a fool part because this is sort of an origin story for Nate and he’s never done this before.

In the video games, Nathan Drake is about 20 years older (as is Sully) and this is something they’ve been doing together for a long time, so he’s a pro at it.
Okay that makes a ton more sense.

Reactions: Nick
Okay that makes a ton more sense.
Following up on this (as i'm playing Uncharted 3 now, which introduced young Nathan Drake), I had actually never played through the Uncharted games (well I had played the first) until now for whatever reason. I was extremely aware of the franchise and owned not only the PS3 version of the games, but the Nathan Drake Collection PS4 remaster along with Uncharted 4 (which remains wrapped in factory plastic to this day :lol:)

All of that said, the point of my post was to say how great of casting Tom Holland actually is if they were going with a young Drake as he looks extremely like the young Drake in Uncharted 3.
JikUBARBNatBMHnhFb4kmD.jpg

uncharted-holland-e1637161565204.jpg

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Following up on this (as i'm playing Uncharted 3 now, which introduced young Nathan Drake), I had actually never played through the Uncharted games (well I had played the first) until now for whatever reason. I was extremely aware of the franchise and owned not only the PS3 version of the games, but the Nathan Drake Collection PS4 remaster along with Uncharted 4 (which remains wrapped in factory plastic to this day :lol:)

All of that said, the point of my post was to say how great of casting Tom Holland actually is if they were going with a young Drake as he looks extremely like the young Drake in Uncharted 3.
JikUBARBNatBMHnhFb4kmD.jpg

I don't see it but the bigger issue.

Mate, Uncharted 4. You are going to love it!

I don't see it but the bigger issue.

Mate, Uncharted 4. You are going to love it!
I'm planning to do the $10 upgrade to the Legacy of Thieves PS5 edition since it includes The Lost Legacy as well (which I would've had to pay for anyway to upgrade on my PS4 version if I wanted to play it).

I'll let you know what I think of it once I finish it, which will be who knows when since i'm still on Drake's Deception. However with these types of narrative games that I really get sucked into, once I find the time, I tend to plow right through them.

As a DC movie, this was awesome. Loved how action packed it was, I'd put it on the same level of Multiverse of Madness as far as sticking to its source material went. Hackman and Dr. Fate were huuuuuuge highlights. The Rock also was surprisingly good in this role. That said, the movie suffers from pacing issues and some minor annoyances, but overall, a very entertaining popcorn flick. LOVED the mid-credits!

Edit: Wrong thread

Last edited:
As a DC movie, this was awesome. Loved how action packed it was, I'd put it on the same level of Multiverse of Madness as far as sticking to its source material went. Hackman and Dr. Fate were huuuuuuge highlights. The Rock also was surprisingly good in this role. That said, the movie suffers from pacing issues and some minor annoyances, but overall, a very entertaining popcorn flick. LOVED the mid-credits!
Dr fate in uncharted was an interesting choice

• Haha
I believe you have the wrong thread, sir. :lol:

Although Uncharted was a VERY Dwayne Johnson film in that it's over the top, unbelievable action, a mediocre movie, but a great time to watch. Although the video games are completely over the top too, so they do stick to the source material well!