Universal/Cabana Bay Trip 10/01-10/03 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal/Cabana Bay Trip 10/01-10/03

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 14, 2010
South West FL
Just got home from an awesome trip! First some background, a friend I've known online for years was coming down with his grandmother and the opportunity to meet up and hang presented itself. To make a long story short, I met my (arguably) best friend for the first time and it was amazing. We both stayed at the Cabana and let me tell you, this hotel is wonderful for the price one pays. Lots of amenities, arcade and pools were great fun! Didn't go bowling, it was one of those things we didn't really feel like doing and the price put us off a bit. The Bayliner Diner offered good food, nothing I'd rave about, but it was standard and therefore good enough to eat while we were there. The parks were fun as usual, I went around two months ago so I'd already been blown away by Diagon Alley. Of course the scale still impresses me and I've found something new every time I've gone in. Gringotts was running but went down multiple times throughout my visit. Fortunately we went on and experienced the ride pretty much perfectly. There was a glitch with the water effects not coming and the heat coming early at one point, but overall the ride experience remained great! I do feel that now that I've had time to digest it, Gringotts isn't exactly the victorious champion. It's still my new favorite, but in terms of ride mechanics I'd still say FJ ranks at the top... More to come later!

Last edited:
Basically agree with everything you've said. We were really pleased with Cabana Bay. We had a suite for 5 days for $89 a night with our AP. Their pools & the Lazy River are among my favorite. Especially, the pool in the first developed area is absolutely stunning in the evening lights. I will definitely stay there for the first few days of our Universal vacations, before we move on to the deluxe hotels. We loved Diagon Alley so much that we spent almost 40 hours of our vacation exploring it, and actually felt sad when we had to leave. And we're not even Harry Potter fans. Loved Gringott's too but also think that Forbidden Journey is a notch above it. Gringott's gets better with repeat rides. And the Dragon is perhaps the most fantastic part of Diagon. And then there's London & Hogwart's Express. Hogwart's & the train stations are the Wow factor for sure.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts