Universal Great Britain | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Welcome to the forum Mike.

I agree. I feel like they are staying well out of any election business :) and am hoping when it’s all over they’ll be back to keeping us excited with more updates and more.
Thank you. I've been trying to follow the developments for a few months now, on YouTube and other spots. But this forum seems to be the most active and most people interested, so it seems the place to be.

How long after the park's official approval will we likely wait to see any permitting for the actual park? It's very interesting to be following the parks from this early in development so I'm sure dates will be very rough estimates.

Prior to the election, Universal had agreed with the Conservative government that the Department for Levelling Up would be responsible for approving the Special Development Order to give planning permission for the theme park. With the change in government there is a new Secretary of State for Department of Levelling Up, which will be Angela Raynor (who is also Deputy Prime Minister).

On the current plans the Department for Culture, Media & Sport had agreed to act as the sponsor within government for Universal’s plans. It’s not clear who will be the Secretary of State for that department as the Shadow Culture Secretary lost her seat, so the Prime Minister will have to find a new person to take on that role.

Reactions: Mike2024
On the current plans the Department for Culture, Media & Sport had agreed to act as the sponsor within government for Universal’s plans. It’s not clear who will be the Secretary of State for that department as the Shadow Culture Secretary lost her seat, so the Prime Minister will have to find a new person to take on that role.
The new Culture Secretary is Lisa Nandy. Once the junior ministers have been appointed in the next few days hopefully we'll be full steam ahead for the next steps in getting these proposals approved.