Universal Great Britain | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just driven through Stewartby and over level crossing and lots of digging going on in the field to the right. Looks to me like archaeological survey trenches. Lots of long narrow excavations in random locations. These will be essential to the planning application.

I wonder if they’ll find Roman artefacts... that’d be cool. Use them in the park.

I've just put a few photos up on my Instagram from a flyover I did yesterday.
Also the video footage will be up on my YouTube in an hour or so from the flyover yesterday. The security fencing is now mostly all the way round the concrete slab of the old brickworks. I guess this will be base camp for construction.
The wind has been quite high here the last week so I'm hoping for a break at the weekend (doubt it) to fly over both sites.

Last edited:
I wonder if they’ll find Roman artefacts... that’d be cool. Use them in the park.
In my home town nearby, they found a roman villa & bath house with fantastic mosaics whilst building a new supermarket. They just buried it again and built over it.

I'd rather it was preserved and/or extracted, but shows that the presence of such artifacts needn't be a reason to stop block at all.

But it also shows just how common these types of findings are, that they just get reburied again.

In my home town nearby, they found a roman villa & bath house with fantastic mosaics whilst building a new supermarket. They just buried it again and built over it.

I'd rather it was preserved and/or extracted, but shows that the presence of such artifacts needn't be a reason to stop block at all.

But it also shows just how common these types of findings are, that they just get reburied again.
Should have just had the pasta aisle located over it with a glass floor, it would have been fitting.

• Wow
Reactions: yepthatguy
More activity on site today when I drove past (Tuesday 9th May in the morning). "No trespassing" signs are on the fencing and a lorry is way back into the site delivering more concrete barriers. A van is parked in the entrance gates (which are open) and two people are doing something in the old building just inside the gate. The van had the logo on for the ANTS group ANTS Group – 50 Years Of Proven Experience which is a group that seem to do many things, but would seem to fit right in with dealing with an old brickworks and quarry.
View attachment 21527View attachment 21528View attachment 21526
They were or have bricked up the doorway to the old brickworks building. Ive been out again today for a flyover including the fields site where I counted 4 diggers today digging trenches for the archeology people and will have another video up this evening along with some photos on my instagram, search ProjectUniversalUk on YouTube and insta.

New member here, joining to follow discussion of this project. Grateful for the contributions from those who may have access to insider information from Universal or local news from the site, and to everyone else for sensible speculation. I first visited Universal Orlando in 1999, and regularly since then so massively happy to hear the news that Universal may be coming to the UK in a big way. I'm about an hour away from the site, happily drove past it last week en route to visit my mother-in-law, so day trips to USGB would be a bit of a dream come true.

No doubt there will continue to be loads of chat about what IP we'd like to see, what lands we hope get built (Wizarding World and Jurassic Park/World are personal favourites), but for me the number one priority is for world class attractions set in the heart of world class themed environments. If what we get is as good as the best of IoA and as good as we hope to see in Epic Universe I'll be delighted, regardless of the choice of IP. It seems to me that the Universal creative team rarely drop the ball (Fast & Furious at US excepted), so give them the time and the money and I'm sure they'll design something world class. That's all that I really hope for.

What are the rumored lands and rides for this?
Right now, we don't know much, it's mostly vague ideas.

It's being said that this Park won't have cloned attractions specifically from Orlando, and that Wizarding World and DreamWorks seem to be off the table and not happening. Also that the Park will be designed with a lot of indoor spaces and attractions like Universal Studios Beijing

007, Paddington, and LOTR are rumoured to have presence in the Park, with UGB potentially getting the LOTR Land before it's put into Epic Universe

There's also a lot of people speculating about Jurassic World Adventure from Universal Beijing coming over alongside an entire Jurassic World area similar to Beijing

In terms of very significant talking points, that's it from my understanding

Right now, we don't know much, it's mostly vague ideas.

It's being said that this Park won't have cloned attractions specifically from Orlando, and that Wizarding World and DreamWorks seem to be off the table and not happening. Also that the Park will be designed with a lot of indoor spaces and attractions like Universal Studios Beijing

007, Paddington, and LOTR are rumoured to have presence in the Park, with UGB potentially getting the LOTR Land before it's put into Epic Universe

There's also a lot of people speculating about Jurassic World Adventure from Universal Beijing coming over alongside an entire Jurassic World area similar to Beijing

In terms of very significant talking points, that's it from my understanding
I wouldn’t be so sure about Dreamworks. I’ve heard things that seem like they are at least tightening their reins around the use of the IP in the UK.

Given it’s an internal property it’s highly possible we would hear about the development for this later.

Saying that I’d rather minions.

I wouldn’t be so sure about Dreamworks. I’ve heard things that seem like they are at least tightening their reins around the use of the IP in the UK.

Given it’s an internal property it’s highly possible we would hear about the development for this later.

Saying that I’d rather minions.

Why not both?

Yesterday evening I spent an hour or so walking across the sites with the drone flying. They are quite busy digging the trenches for the archeological investigations.

I was expecting the ground surveys to be a couple little trenches but thanks to this video half the parcel of land is covered with them. I expect by next week they'll have the whole parcel covered with the trenches.