Universal Great Britain | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No repeat attractions between the two resorts doesn't necessarily mean no repeat properties
"Oh you like so and so IP? Well we have a different so and so IP attraction in Orlando if you want to spend more- I mean, check out more!"
Would Universal really do that? They had financial support in Beijing and they still cloned Hulk, Transformers, FJ, and Minion Mayhem. Can't imagine we won't see a clone or two.

Would Universal really do that? They had financial support in Beijing and they still cloned Hulk, Transformers, FJ, and Minion Mayhem. Can't imagine we won't see a clone or two.
Things may definitely change, who knows what will appear in the park on opening day. I'm just relaying what I've heard so far. I do know that they're keen on spending a lot of money here though.

Things may definitely change, who knows what will appear in the park on opening day. I'm just relaying what I've heard so far. I do know that they're keen on spending a lot of money here though.
Maybe that means we can finally get a proper Minions dark ride that isn't a simulator from the 90s and a moving walkway.

No repeat attractions between the two resorts doesn't necessarily mean no repeat properties
"Oh you like so and so IP? Well we have a different so and so IP attraction in Orlando if you want to spend more- I mean, check out more!"
That sounds a hell lot like the Texas mini-park... "Here we offer smaller, kiddie rides, want the good stuff? Head over to ORL"

Reactions: Calmix
That sounds a hell lot like the Texas mini-park... "Here we offer smaller, kiddie rides, want the good stuff? Head over to ORL"
Considering a small nugget I heard a few days back as this broke out (atleast in attraction concepts they are looking to carry over to London)--I genuinely would say this that they are not looking to make a limited park like Frisco.

Reactions: Tbad556 and Alicia
From what I've seen, this park will be very interesting, and a truly world class theme park that the United Kingdom can finally call its own. Also, none of you have gotten the name right so far, lol.
I dunno if Frisco could be called a world class theme park. It’s a regional kids park.

Also, UKiversal

A lot can change—as I imagine this is way too early for things to be locked in—but new IPs, new rides, and rides from other parks outside Orlando (Hollywood, Beijing, etc) would help flesh out a new big park without borrowing too heavily from Orlando.

Honestly if London got a lineup that included an upgraded version of BSG with a modern IP theme to match (and the proper 4 seat operations); that would be a massive win.

You could easily get Virgin Atlantic or Tui to sponsor something like this.

A Lord of the Rings presence would make sense here, no?

It would be a tentpole IP for sure to make this park unique to other offerings. Throw in a few other British IPs and Universal staples and you have a solid line up.

I dunno if Frisco could be called a world class theme park. It’s a regional kids park.
Yeah, Vegas and Frisco are regional concepts. The UK development would be a world-class destination.

I'll say this so far:
I’m sure Universal knows how to pull international tourists smartly, so I think the exclusive attractions and experiences are a bright idea. As much as I love the unique Disneyland Paris attractions, a lot of that resort is cloned attractions. Unique experiences like Phantom Manor, or even looking at Universal, Flying Dinosaur, and Jurassic World Adventure, are what people get the most excited internationally and travel to those destinations to see those specific exclusive experiences.

I think we are a bit of ways away from any IPs being locked, but pure spec (shout out to @AlexanderMBush for mentioning this idea to me), if I were Universal, I would see if we can find Paddington his theme park home. Meet and greets, and marmalade lines would be out the door.

Last edited: