Universal Great Britain | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't understand the thinking that talking about these rumors too early somehow risks killing the project.
I wasn't sure if all the land buys were finalized when I said that yesterday... Remember when word got out that Walt Disney was gobbling up orange groves in Florida, and the land prices skyrocketed?

But some folks are now saying that the land has been secured, so that's good.

fakers aren't even asking for Paddington--
paddington-hard-stare.gif

Can I just say, one of the many reasons The London Resort was so wrong was that it really had shite very British IP ideas being floated.

You know, the way how Tokyo Disney Sea is considered the Disney park everyone wants to go to, that's so unique from all the others, yet maybe just a little too far away for most people. Universal could easily have the opportunity with UGB to make this a place the universal park that tips people over the edge to book a trip to London. The majority of Americans live 8hrs or less from London on a plane.
Whether that be LOTR or whatever I don't think theres any danger that a park of this standing doesn't have a market internationally.

Also here's a couple of reasons I wouldn't go much further north than Birmingham in UK

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128_132813_Dolphin.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128_132813_Dolphin.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20231128_132859_Dolphin.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128_132859_Dolphin.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 43
If this is all unique attractions, including LOTR and Nintendo and Jurassic, I’d so go. Go to Orlando in January and London in April for 2 weeks paid vaca. Easily (if I had endless money) would make this a priority over a potential future Disney trip.

Reactions: MatheusPG
Having completely new rides, or at least that can’t be found in Orlando, would make it that much attractive for international visitors. Most Europeans don’t visit Orlando theme parks, so there’s a market to replicate those rides, but something original may just be what it takes. I’d love to see the old concept of a LOTR land here, but I do think that would be quite big as an expansion to Epic, so not sure…

Ok, I see that if they will build the park in Uk, Luton is a great place, just between the UK two biggest cities with and international airport plus 45m from Heathrow. L = Luton no London.
I didi’t change my mind that there is better places in Europe, but in UK Luton is the best. I think that they have taken this decision thinking almost exclusively for UK market, EU market is a plus.

Last edited:
It’s funny when you look at the top grossing films for the uk and think how they could be lands in the park..

Jurassic World - likely
Harry Potter - possibly not
Lord of the rings - a possibility
Super Mario bros - likely

Rounded out with
British port of entry style opening land
Universal monsters to replace the fantasy of HP

Absolutely has the bones to be a really cool park

It’s funny when you look at the top grossing films for the uk and think how they could be lands in the park..

Jurassic World - likely
Harry Potter - possibly not
Lord of the rings - a possibility
Super Mario bros - likely

Rounded out with
British port of entry style opening land
Universal monsters to replace the fantasy of HP

Absolutely has the bones to be a really cool park
I dont think we will see anything re-used so could any of them have something brand new? like is there anything left of Potter?

Reactions: RFRees and BBPH
I dont think we will see anything re-used so could any of them have something brand new? like is there anything left of Potter?
They could resurrect the virtual reality flying broomstick idea, I suppose. (As far as locales, none immediately spring to mind)

Reactions: BBPH
Perhaps it is me, but Beijing allows them a chance to repurpose and reuse stuff like the discarded SpongeBob contents and Jurassic World. Could easily see how they bring those into place as reducing costs with pre-existing R&D.

As for Potter--there are a few options. First on that is the Mack-Rides suspended inverted coaster that you could bring in with revisions.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikePat and Alicia
Well I think there's some options left for Potter. A broom ride of some kind (probably coaster) or a slow moving dark ride where you can interact with various things like animatronics, screen effects, other ride vehicles, etc by using wands from your ride vehicle. Either why I'm betting if Potter is present, it'll probably be Hogsmeade/Hogwarts though this time actually including Great Hall.