Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Legacy Store

Interesting quote from that interview:

"This store could live on and change with our resort. It has a future — I don’t know where it is or when or how, but it’ll stick around in some form. Our history is valuable and important and it has a strong connection with our guests. I’m glad we get to embrace that with this store."

This store made me wish for a proper Theme Park Museum that all of the big names donate or lease pieces out to. So much of this stuff still exists in warehouses and boxes somewhere and theme park attractions are unusually susceptible to becoming lost media compared to other mediums. It would be wonderful to have a proper third-party archive for this artform, even if incredibly unlikely.

Glad it made it in some form but after seeing what they did with Jurassic World in that space we missed out.

Finally got a chance to visit this shop this evening, and spent a solid 30 minutes just looking around at all of the props, pictures, and displays, and snapping some photos in the process (and I'm sure there's still stuff I missed). There's a deceptively large amount of stuff crammed into the space, so much so that the shop truly does almost double as a kind of museum of Universal Orlando's history. Great assortment of merch dedicated to the classic USF properties, too.

Also, why did nobody tell me that Brundlefly is actually inside the Telepod?!
P1050215.jpg

Saw a random Reel from the SNW store in CityWalk Hollywood

Do we think the Legacy Store will become a SNW store?
It would be a huge mistake if it did. One of Uni's tremendous strengths for several years was three very unique locations that straddled the attraction/store line - the Tribute, Legacy, and Prop Shops. Those locations served a number of purposes, not least of which was to imbue a sense of history to the resort, something WDW has in huge amounts and Uni lacked, something that is integral to growing long-term loyalty in a fanbase. The Prop Shop is already gone in what I consider an awful decision. There are plenty of places to put an SNW store, plenty of places stuffed full of generic Minion lumps that can be easily repurposed.