Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jurassic you say?
cursed-dino.gif
You bet Jur-ass!

one look at my profile pic and you know what my favorite franchise is lol. I wonder though is this the "return to its former glory" refurb like the Mummy or is it...something bigger?
I prefer an E.T. style redo with incredibly nice looking additions and visible improvements to the existing infrastructure, but if it turned out to be Jurassic World, I don't think I'd be all too bummed myself. It'd be a shame to lose the classic color pallete and Hammond pre-show, but as long as they keep or exceed the current animatronic count and don't let the Mososaurus screen last too long, I think it'd be a good way to cement Jurassic Park as the forever winner in the Dinosaurland competition with Dinoland USA closing soon.

@Alicia Would the timing of a JPRA refurb be to coincide with the new movie next summer?
How in the heck will they have time to CG animate 100s of visual effects shots for a movie they haven’t even finished casting yet, let along started shooting, and still open a year and 2 months from now? I just don’t see it.

But I don’t think a possible River Adventure update would be related.

How in the heck will they have time to CG animate 100s of visual effects shots for a movie they haven’t even finished casting yet, let along started shooting, and still open a year and 2 months from now? I just don’t see it.

But I don’t think a possible River Adventure update would be related.
oh sorry, I meant just keeping the ride fresh and nice to tie into the release of the movie (not that JPRA will be themed to the new film)

Spielberg's WAR OF THE WORLDS started shooting in November and released the following June.

Yes, that was almost 20 years ago, and yes, Spielberg is notoriously efficient. But still! If a studio wants it to happen, it can happen.

Universal Orlando has temporarily closed Pteranodon Flyers at Islands of Adventure for an indefinite amount of time.