Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Parks and Resorts & Facial Technology

I had the complete opposite issue at Disney Springs, so they very much could train their employees to be nicer. I was ANNOYED at DS for waiting in this line which I thought they randomly made me go into. That security guard was so patient when I got to him. First off he immediately apologized for the wait, he then explained why I got stopped (scanner went off) and he even helped me discover what went off and how to prevent from being stopped next time (hold glasses case outside of the bag). It couldn't have been a more friendlier and helpful experience. I just don't think Universal trains their security staff to be nice.
My issue is more the lack of clear directions *after* the first scanner. There's a SO in front greeting guests, telling them "strollers over here, keep your backpack on, just walk through, have a nice day!" After you walk through there's nothing.

So you either continue walking into the park and then three SOs walk up to you "Sir, SIR SIR SIR!! You need to go over there for additional scanning. HOW DARE YOU TRY TO SNEAK PAST ME!!"

Next time you enter a park you walk through the scanner and await further instructions only to hear "Sir, SIR SIR SIR!!! keep walking STOP HOLDING UP THE SYSTEM STANDING THERE HOW DARE YOU!!11"

Clear and consistent instructions would avoid that.

My issue is more the lack of clear directions *after* the first scanner. There's a SO in front greeting guests, telling them "strollers over here, keep your backpack on, just walk through, have a nice day!" After you walk through there's nothing.

So you either continue walking into the park and then three SOs walk up to you "Sir, SIR SIR SIR!! You need to go over there for additional scanning. HOW DARE YOU TRY TO SNEAK PAST ME!!"

Next time you enter a park you walk through the scanner and await further instructions only to hear "Sir, SIR SIR SIR!!! keep walking STOP HOLDING UP THE SYSTEM STANDING THERE HOW DARE YOU!!11"

Clear and consistent instructions would avoid that.
At DS? I was pulled right away and TM told me to step to the side. They didn't have to chase me down. Where my family just kept walking and were not pulled. It wasn't confusing.