Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

If you’re referring to what I said, I’m just talking about stuff coming next year to Universal parks. Lots of exciting stuff opening in general, our reward for getting through 2020 right?

(I think I’m the only person whose #1 most anticipated is IG. :( )
I was asking in general, I have been in and out of this thread haha

Lame isn't the word I would use. Familiar is a better word. It actually looks like IOA on steroids. Swap Port of Entry for classic Universal Hollywood. Switch Suess to Minions. MSHI to Transformers. Then add KFP and Waterworks.

I think IOA is a far better park than this looks, personally. But it does have a very similar lineup in what it offers, I just think IoA's lineup is of far better quality.

As for SNW, I'd be surprised. Nintendo is not known in China, generally.

Universal Beijing is not for us as others have mentioned especially because of the tourism factor, if this were a Universal Studios Park opening here w/nothing else I think we’d be happy. Smart to go about “greatest hits” to get people interested. The Hollywood section has plenty of offerings for entertainment and offers nice aesthetics well. KFP, Jurassic World, and Potter offer very immersive lands with E tickets in each, Waterworld (and maybe HTTYD show) here, this seems truly like a best of minus Nintendo for their offerings.

Covid will hurt business I’m sure but this seems like the perfect start if they plan to expand the resort further one day and should definitely grab the attention of locals.

Universal Beijing shared the first looks and details behind all the amazing lands, hotels, and experiences coming to the Resort; set to open in May 2021.

I think IOA is a far better park than this looks, personally. But it does have a very similar lineup in what it offers, I just think IoA's lineup is of far better quality.

As for SNW, I'd be surprised. Nintendo is not known in China, generally.
Yeah but,

Screenshot-20201020-144216.png

Is it just me, or do the JWA renders make it look like most of the Dino’s will be screen-based. Same for Kung Fu Panda.
I *think* the footage from JWA is prerendered stuff because the interior of the attraction is incomplete
The concept art of KFP definitely shows physical figures, though there does look like there will be screens as well

Is it just me, or do the JWA renders make it look like most of the Dino’s will be screen-based. Same for Kung Fu Panda.
Screens have been shown on Themeparx for KFP, I think like Madagascar in USS, it’ll be mostly physical sets an AAs but some screens to enhance or used for transition scenes.

I’m fully betting on JWA being AAs, including those Dino’s we saw. I refuse to believe they have zero Dino AAs at a brand new resort park and it’s a literal transformers clone.

Screens have been shown on Themeparx for KFP, I think like Madagascar in USS, it’ll be mostly physical sets an AAs but some screens to enhance or used for transition scenes.

I’m fully betting on JWA being AAs, including those Dino’s we saw. I refuse to believe they have zero Dino AAs at a brand new resort park and it’s a literal transformers clone.
I can only confirm 1 Indominus rex AA so far. Not saying that all the rest will be screens, just that I’ve only been able to confirm 1 so far, but it’ll be big. So, that’s cool.

I can only confirm 1 Indominus rex AA so far. Not saying that all the rest will be screens, just that I’ve only been able to confirm 1 so far, but it’ll be big. So, that’s cool.
The concept video I feel looked as if it were 2AAs right infront of us, I feel a screen we'd notice the differences possibly. The 3 Dino's we saw in the video to me indicated lower mechanical, AA real life movements lol. I feel we'd see a full on CGI Dino if that were the case. Glad to hear we're getting at least one AA though. I think we'll be lucky here, ride vehicle seems like the only thing that feels normal I think, idk. Spiderman ride vehicles work well for moving around an indoor set too.

A new update over at ThemeparX confirms a Vekoma Roller Skate coaster in Minion Land.

652ef6c6d5584964ba9c4f4513619ad7.jpeg

More pics at the link:

WOW!!! That's what I call a great photo update. :thumbsup:

A new update over at ThemeparX confirms a Vekoma Roller Skate coaster in Minion Land.

652ef6c6d5584964ba9c4f4513619ad7.jpeg

More pics at the link:

Wow I HIGHLY recommend everyone takes a look at this update, gives us a look at every land essentially in detail, and from on the ground.

KFP I think is gonna be a big hit honestly, regardless of whatever they do with the ceiling. It looks great, will be immersive and likely have characters around so another score for the kinetic energy book for UC.

Hogwarts/Hogsmeade here looks terrific, seems like they worked with the little bit of land they have :)

Not sure Ive seen anything about Universal express for Beijing before, but the signage in these pics confirm it's coming.

Loving this beauty:
View attachment 13412
This is an interesting design choice that I think we'll see more of from Universal...particularly in Epic Universe...

The open 'city park' feel with hyper themed lands sticking out from the background.

This is a contrast to the full feeling of, say IOA, where fake facades are built up around everything.

Open spaces with great landscaping design is fine with me. It makes things feel expansive, yet comfortable