Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Japan to recreate famous Japanese battle

Jan 16, 2016
Ok stop me if you've heard this before. Universal Studios Japan is taking their creative force out of their theme park and heading about 20-25 minutes away to Osaka Castle to recreate a battle helped unify Japan. WHAT!?
Is that not AWESOME? This would be like Disney, Universal, or Six Flags coming up with a recreation of Gettysburg at Gettysburg.
For more information check out this video I just made on the subject at the location it will take place at.

Ok stop me if you've heard this before. Universal Studios Japan is taking their creative force out of their theme park and heading about 20-25 minutes away to Osaka Castle to recreate a battle helped unify Japan. WHAT!?
Is that not AWESOME? This would be like Disney, Universal, or Six Flags coming up with a recreation of Gettysburg at Gettysburg.
For more information check out this video I just made on the subject at the location it will take place at.

Seems fairly disrespectful to me...

Seems fairly disrespectful to me...
I get that the place has historical significance and this battle took place roughly 400 years ago. The castle itself that they will be projecting images on from the park was actually bombed to annihilation in WWII. And rebuilt in the 1960's. I think this will bring more people to the area, possibly making them interested in the history of their own city. Why is it disrespectful? Also does this make civil war renactments disrepectful too?

You mean like when Disney tried to build "Disney's America" next to famous battelfileds?
That's a new one for me! When did they try to build this?

I get that the place has historical significance and this battle took place roughly 400 years ago. The castle itself that they will be projecting images on from the park was actually bombed to annihilation in WWII. And rebuilt in the 1960's. I think this will bring more people to the area, possibly making them interested in the history of their own city. Why is it disrespectful? Also does this make civil war renactments disrepectful too?
Civil War reenactments are generally nonprofit affairs. This would be akin to Fujitsu coming to Hawaii and selling tickets to their Pearl Harbor reenactment.