Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Singapore

Interesting.....AND they just added that new Elmo ride. Kinda has me confused...I doubt it'll go under, though. I mean, if Disney Studios Paris has yet to close, I have hope :p haha.

Has this maybe had something to do with the recent health scares in China?

Perhaps. But the park always seemed very empty during my stay in Singapore last summer. Dangerously low, but I was told it was relatively normal - so who knows.

That's correct. I'm not Jon, Adriana, or Chris, but I can confirm!  :lol:

Universal bought up most shares in the park back in '97, and it became known as "Universal's Port Aventura." Eventually, in 2004, NBC Universal sold all rights to the park. It's just called "Port Aventura" now. That was their decision to let go of that park, though - not because of a dramatic loss in attendance. It's pretty odd, though.. USS is Universal's newest park to date, and it's got an awesome selection of rides.

Yeah, I remember when they would always advertise the Spain park. Wasn't it all roller coaster thrill rides and no actual Universal movie properties at the park?

I hope Universal will eventually have it's own European Universal park that isn't indoors like the future Moscow park.

Funny enough, my Universal Parks Fanclub member card still lists Spain under parks :)

Yeah, because of the weather. Concept art is interesting haha. That's the main reason why Disney doesn't want to build a park in Russia, even though the Russian government really wants one. Disney would need to have the park be open most of the year, and that's impossible with the weather there. And they don't wanna build an indoor park. And Paris is so close

Well, it tends to rain a lot in Tokyo and Singapore, that's why they have a glass roof over main street in Tokyo Disneyland and in USS. It's a horrible eyesore IMO but I guess it's a requirement

Same logic could apply to Florida.

I'm not exactly sure why the Asian parks are more inclined to use a roof. Same goes for Universal Studios Japan as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It ruins the atmosphere as well. You feel like you're in Hollywood until you look up and see this odd, glass/metal structure above you.
Maybe if it was one like the one they have in Old Vegas, that has lights up, but it's not the same feeling as been outdoors in the glorious summer

I.E.: Universal Studios Hollywood.  :)
Oh yes... sometimes it's a bi%&/ in the summer, it gets so hot... but I would not trade it for it being hot and "indoors". Plus because it is on a hill you get to see a lot of great stuff... 

That's what Jurassic Park is for!  :lol:  The heat doesn't do anyone any good though when you've gotta go up and down the Starway several times throughout the day. I'm the type of person who will do something if I'm really motivated. I went to the park 2 weekends ago, and it was HOT. All the misters were on throughout the park, and the extra water effects were on in JP. My friend and I ended up visiting the Lower Lot a good 2 or 3 times in the middle of the day because I couldn't resist riding JP, the Mummy, and Transformers over and over again.  :p

Oh yes... in winter no one wants to get wet... in the summer you need to restrain people from taking a dive there... just love that it's such a huge relief when you get wet when it's summer and everyone is like "ahhhh sweet Jesus, water!!"