Universal to open exclusive American Express lounge | Inside Universal Forums

Universal to open exclusive American Express lounge

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 14, 2010
From Inside The Magic:

Beginning tomorrow, May 10, guests who purchase a multi-park ticket or an Annual Pass with their American Express Card at UniversalOrlando.com or at the Universal Orlando theme park front gates will receive exclusive access to a brand-new lounge located within the Universal Studios Florida theme park.

The Lounge will offer guests a comfortable break from walking the theme parks in an air-conditioned space featuring complimentary chilled beverages and light refreshments. It will be staffed with a concierge to help guests make dining reservations and obtain tickets and will also feature a charging station for guests’ cameras, phones, and other devices.

The Lounge is located within Universal Studios Florida, near the Music Plaza and across from Shrek’s Ye Olde Souvenir Shoppe and will be open seven days a week.

“We are thrilled to be able to offer even more benefits to our guests through the amenities at the American Express Lounge,” said Bill Davis, President of Universal Orlando Resort. “It’s the perfect complement to the world-class theme park thrills we offer at Universal Orlando.”

For the last three years, American Express has been the official card sponsor of Universal’s theme parks, and the partnership also includes working together to create enhanced cardmember experiences associated with Universal’s other properties.

I believe that is where Monsters Cafe is as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It does sound like the location of SS44.

Last edited:
Sure sounds like SS 54 as far as I can read into it. A shame that things that were once attraction turn into uncharged venues.

Last edited:
I don't have an American Express card...but now I'll definitely make sure to get one over the summer so I can take advantage of this rad new exclusive deal . My dad's one of the higher ups at American Express (I don't mean to brag but he's director of security services for the entire South-East Region) so I'm sure he'll be able to set something up for me as far getting an AE card goes.

I used to have a debit card, but I lost that privilege when I ended up spending $1000 in the span of a month. Needless to say I'm not too good with money.

I only have AMEX cards so this is great news for me!

Kind-of reminds you of the AT&T Lounge E.T. used to have doesn't it?

Wonder if we'll be able to get in just by waving our Amex card, or we'll need to actually do what they ask; buy a two park ticket or AP using the card. Tickets are all bought now.

i wonder the same thing. i have an AP and my AMEX. hope thats good enough. i wanna see pictures of this place.

it looks like monsters Cafe and not SS44.

also its available through May 15, 2012 so im guessing they will replace it with another eatery.