Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a park thats thematically perfect and not made up of IP lands??? Looking at you, DisneySea.

To me, I think the one thing that should be taken into account from Disney Sea, is the immersiveness of everything around you.

The park, very much for the most part; aims to make you forget about the outside world, making it hyper-realistic in it's theming execution while implementing IP's more seamlessly in the process.

Although, you could say that Ariel and Toy Story are their outliers in that field, but I do think that when it comes to IP's like Pokemon, Dragons, and Zelda; guests would most likely want to be immersed into the worlds that they found themselves loving at any age.

I hope and plead that the fourth gate is on that DisneySea level of theming, but that I do think that IP Lands are more likely than some may want.

Reactions: Mad Dog
You all do know there are seven other schools of magic and they will appear in Fantastic beasts? We may not get Hogwarts but all those other schools could become a wizarding hotel.

I do agree a mishmash of smaller IPs and big based IP lands combined are better than just one and the other.

- Kung Fu Panda: part 4 is in production and 2 more sequels are planned. It had 3 successful movies and an animated series (5 seasons).
- How to train your Dragon: Third movie is to release in 2019, it had an arena show, Ice show, games and tv series (there are 6 season, this year it was on Netflix).
- Shrek: Shrek 5 is in production. Spin off Puss in Boots was in production but is taken off the schedule. Puss has a animated series and season 5 will be out this month.
- Madagascar is not doing great, but I'm sure Universal will find a way to kickstart the ip that made a lot of money. It also had tv series and it's spin-off to.
Dreamworks has a ton of movies in productions. I'm sure we will see some of these movies represented in their next theme park.

IMO all these DW attractions are sounding like this is going to be a very weird version of universal Singapore. There can't be an entire land dedicated to shrek and KFP, that's not popular at all and shouldn't take up a whole land. I hope Univesal doesn't loose the sense of excitement, danger, and muster in their rides. This still doesn't mean a puss and boots ride where things go wrong. Also, someone mentioned the far far away castle as a focal point? That is a very stupid and pointless idea. You're making a mountain out of an unpopular moll hill by glorifying shrek when it has barley anything going for it.

- Kung Fu Panda: part 4 is in production and 2 more sequels are planned. It had 3 successful movies and an animated series (5 seasons).
- How to train your Dragon: Third movie is to release in 2019, it had an arena show, Ice show, games and tv series (there are 6 season, this year it was on Netflix).
- Shrek: Shrek 5 is in production. Spin off Puss in Boots was in production but is taken off the schedule. Puss has a animated series and season 5 will be out this month.
- Madagascar is not doing great, but I'm sure Universal will find a way to kickstart the ip that made a lot of money. It also had tv series and it's spin-off to.
Dreamworks has a ton of movies in productions. I'm sure we will see some of these movies represented in their next theme park.

Don't forget those Netflix shows make bank and Trollhunters currently is quite popular.

I was going to ask if anyone though an Ilvermony hotel would work since FB takes place on New York.

If I remember correctly, next film may not take place in New York as much as the first film.

Source for KFP4?

IMO all these DW attractions are sounding like this is going to be a very weird version of universal Singapore. There can't be an entire land dedicated to shrek and KFP, that's not popular at all and shouldn't take up a whole land. I hope Univesal doesn't loose the sense of excitement, danger, and muster in their rides. This still doesn't mean a puss and boots ride where things go wrong. Also, someone mentioned the far far away castle as a focal point? That is a very stupid and pointless idea. You're making a mountain out of an unpopular moll hill by glorifying shrek when it has barley anything going for it.
Shrek was very popular and still may be when the new movie comes out.

Katzenberg (former DW CEO) and his directors/producers had planned KFP to a total of 6 movies.

But now that Universal is in charge, who knows what will happen; I don't think any of Universal's execs or DW's current leadership has spoken on it yet specifically.

The current confirmed movies with dates are: HTTYD3, Everest, Boss Baby 2, Trolls 2.

Shrek 5 is confirmed via comments from DreamWorks' current leadership. I don't think they've spoken about Katzenberg's original KFP 4-6 plans though.

Katzenberg (former DW CEO) and his directors/producers had planned KFP to a total of 6 movies.

But now that Universal is in charge, who knows what will happen; I don't think any of Universal's execs or DW's current leadership has spoken on it yet specifically.

The current confirmed movies with dates are: HTTYD3, Everest, Boss Baby 2, Trolls 2.

Shrek 5 is confirmed via comments from DreamWorks' current leadership. I don't think they've spoken about Katzenberg's original KFP 4-6 plans though.

This, Croods 2, Edgar Wright's Shadow, The Tim Minchin movie, and a lot more franchises got axed. The upcoming projects are those, Shrek 5, Wizard of Once and Voltron. They also still have 36 more shows on their Netflix deal.

Reactions: zg44
DW and Illumination will probably each get a land, but I don't think anybody is suggesting that they'd be the main focus.

RE wether it's better to make an Illumination land or Dreamworks land: Go with Dreamworks. SLOP is the only non-Despicable Me franchise Illumination has that can easily be translated into a ride. Despicable Me's domestic returns are starting to decline too, so it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to shut Minion Mayhem down and build a dark ride at the new park.

This, Croods 2, Edgar Wright's Shadow, The Tim Minchin movie, and a lot more franchises got axed. The upcoming projects are those, Shrek 5, Wizard of Once and Voltron. They also still have 36 more shows on their Netflix deal.
When did Wright's movie get scrapped? It's still on for 2019 AFAIK.

DW and Illumination will probably each get a land, but I don't think anybody is suggesting that they'd be the main focus.

Perhaps it's me, but I would think that if Illumination got a land, it'd be an expanded version of the USH Despicable Me land.

In a recent update, it seems that Shadow is TBD at the moment now.

RE wether it's better to make an Illumination land or Dreamworks land: Go with Dreamworks. SLOP is the only non-Despicable Me franchise Illumination has that can easily be translated into a ride. Despicable Me's domestic returns are starting to decline too, so it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to shut Minion Mayhem down and build a dark ride at the new park.

Like two months ago. Mainly when the DreamWorks got a new CEO, a lot of the previous projects were killed off. It's mainly a business thing where they want to greenlight their own projects rather than the previous CEO and then not get full credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.