Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im still waiting to see if wb gets the lord of the rings rights so universal can build the land.

As I said in a previous thread, and I will say this again;

Lord of The Rings, and any J.R.R Tolkien IP; is essentially Pandora's Box for the theme parks. You will deal with a world of pain, for whichever path they may take in how they adapt the works of J.R.R Tolkien's fantastical world. And yes, the films will be used; if they go in that path, but how they implement the films to a theme park setting will be the ultimate challenge.

Reactions: Mike S
As I said in a previous thread, and I will say this again;

Lord of The Rings, and any J.R.R Tolkien IP; is essentially Pandora's Box for the theme parks. You will deal with a world of pain, for whichever path they may take in how they adapt the works of J.R.R Tolkien's fantastical world. And yes, the films will be used; if they go in that path, but how they implement the films to a theme park setting will be the ultimate challenge.

I think Universal and Disney are the only people suited to develop it and I see LOTR as being more fitted to Universal.

Reactions: Mike S
Didn't NBC/Comcast buy Dreamworks? This is based on that new Mack inverted powered and programmable coaster I mentioned in the Pandora thread

Didn't NBC/Comcast buy Dreamworks? This is based on that new Mack inverted powered and programmable coaster I mentioned in the Pandora thread

For the longest time, I have vouched that it would be ideal that Universal should use the inverted power coaster system that was done with Arthur.

Now? I have my fearful doubts that they won't do anything with HTTYD and that system.

But, shouldn't this be on the fourth gate thread?

After watching Split this weekend and knowing the sequel is coming in 2019, I think there is huge potential for a ride.

I thought the film was fantastic and the last 2 mins has left a massive smile on my face knowing that it's a sequel to Unbreakable, which everybody has been asking for since it's release.

Given that the sequel will be for both Unbreakable and Split and Touchstone (Disney) and Universal are expected to partner up, I think this could be a tricky one to make happen for Universal but this seems more like a Universal attraction than Disney. I also don't know where Disney would fit it into their upcoming busy schedule or where it fit in the parks. I also

After watching Split this weekend and knowing the sequel is coming in 2019, I think there is huge potential for a ride.

I thought the film was fantastic and the last 2 mins has left a massive smile on my face knowing that it's a sequel to Unbreakable, which everybody has been asking for since it's release.

Given that the sequel will be for both Unbreakable and Split and Touchstone (Disney) and Universal are expected to partner up, I think this could be a tricky one to make happen for Universal but this seems more like a Universal attraction than Disney. I also don't know where Disney would fit it into their upcoming busy schedule or where it fit in the parks. I also
I genuinely can't think how a ride could work for Split at all, but it would make for a fantastic HHN house.
What kind of ride system/story do you have in mind?

Universal is the full distributor for Glass, so chances are they could theoretically do something.

Reactions: Scott W.
Question for all those out there: Would you rather an extremely well themed attraction that is so realistic its can be absolutely terrifying due to the IP (Jurassic World and IPs of that sort) or toned down family friendly rides that are decently themed but not as intense/realistic as they could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.