Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nintendo is targeting may 2,, marketing can change dates as always but that’s current
I really don't understand this announcement schedule. We've had one every month around the same time (end of month, 28th-30th) except for February. Also Super Nintendo World of all lands' probably should've had their announcement already since we have it open in two different parks now and we know a lot about DKC. Whatever I guess lol

Reactions: TheUnknown
I really don't understand this announcement schedule. We've had one every month around the same time (end of month, 28th-30th) except for February. Also Super Nintendo World of all lands' probably should've had their announcement already since we have it open in two different parks now and we know a lot about DKC. Whatever I guess lol
SNW was supposed to be first. Plans have completely shifted around. And they did reveal new renderings for Stella/Terra this month so at least there was something.

SNW was supposed to be first. Plans have completely shifted around. And they did reveal new renderings for Stella/Terra this month so at least there was something.
I just wish they would've made it a monthly thing leading up to the preview center in the summer. It would've made more sense that way but... I'm not Universal so what do I know. I'm assuming now the last land announcement will be after the preview center now correct? If so, truly baffling decision

I just wish they would've made it a monthly thing leading up to the preview center in the summer. It would've made more sense that way but... I'm not Universal so what do I know. I'm assuming now the last land announcement will be after the preview center now correct? If so, truly baffling decision
I believe I’ve mentioned before, that I’ve theorized the preview center could open with one or two areas closed off to be revealed later to create suspense.

While all of this may be true, they really really don't want another Volcano Bay/USF-style mess of an opening. What I've heard lines up with @Tomfoolery's "it's too early to tell" comment. You can't grand open this park without certain attractions being ready.
Ironically, EPCOT opened in just as bas a shape as USF (Literally only the Mexico boat ride was working by 11am. And nearly throwing people out of the car on SpaceShip Earth). Difference? Dianey worked quickly to fix (permanent or temporary) and didn't have an official press event for another three weeks after opening :)

Is it worse to have to wait to plan, or to cancel your plans because they missed an announced deadline?
The second one is definitely worse especially if that's the first impression of your new park and it's the reason you booked the trip. If anyone has to book their trip this far ahead then going in the last half of the year would be a better bet. Any luck and even if it's not officially open there could be a soft opening.

It was a good move for them to remove the emphasis on summer before they started going heavy on the announcements. Even if it's December 31, 2025 it's still 2025. :p
Yes, considering that theme park vacations nowadays can cost (at a minimum) up to ($3-4K) for a family of 4, a 6-month advanced notice is ideal.
If you're aware of your average vacation budget and you know for sure you'd going to go there's no reason to wait until the exact date to start saving now. You'd probably be a little better off by the time the prices and vacation packages are released.

Based on rumors, Potter sounds pretty grand so maybe to Universal's marketing team they are "saving the best for last."
I hope they use the Atrium of the MoM as part of the reveal. The streets of Paris are nice and all but the real good stuff is inside that building. I don't think the delay has anything to do with the marketing side of things though?

Reactions: Nico
Can you describe what the portal would have looked like? I don’t remember the possibility of a different version of the HP portal ever being mentioned. Thanks Alicia!
The beacon would have been a huge hand holding the elder wand instead of the column with a smaller hand on top, but even the surroundings would have been more interesting with 2 pigs with wings on each side.