Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

uu9pmDP.gif

I really don’t want Fantastic Beasts, but if the land/rides are awesome and it helps keep EU alive, then I’m all for it.

Again, it seems like there was/is talk earlier that it could be the Ministry ride they were planning for FFL? For all we know it could be Potter after all.

Well if Potter is more the driving force than Nintendo, assuming they have the potential to get Pokémon AND EU is delayed past 2025, put SNW in kidzone by 2025. Then go to EU or something else. Pokémon is just as big as Mario so that fits in terms of replacement and interactive land in the park.

Well if Potter is more the driving force than Nintendo, assuming they have the potential to get Pokémon AND EU is delayed past 2025, put SNW in kidzone by 2025. Then go to EU or something else. Pokémon is just as big as Mario so that fits in terms of replacement and interactive land in the park.

“Just as big?” Pokémon is THE biggest media franchise of all time (not that I’ve ever been a fan of it).

After seeing how many outdoor AAs Nintendo has, Pokémon should be as lame dunk. Have a $30 Pokédex you can carry around and catalog every creature you see, have a Professor’s lab where you can pick your starter (like Ollivanders), and a big Pokémon safari ride

I wish those lists had breakdowns by country, so we can see US numbers. No doubt things like Pokemon are huge in Japan, but anyone who tried to sell an Anpanman land since it's the 6th biggest franchise would probably be fired on the spot. I have trouble believing Pokemon is bigger than Mario in the US. Not saying it's still not a big deal, but it does not have the cultural relevance here that many of the other IP's on that list do. At the end of the day the US parks might be international destinations, but they are mainly going to cater to US customers.

After seeing how many outdoor AAs Nintendo has, Pokémon should be as lame (slam) dunk. Have a $30 Pokédex you can carry around and catalog every creature you see, have a Professor’s lab where you can pick your starter (like Ollivanders), and a big Pokémon safari ride

FTFY :grin:

I wish those lists had breakdowns by country, so we can see US numbers. No doubt things like Pokemon are huge in Japan, but anyone who tried to sell an Anpanman land since it's the 6th biggest franchise would probably be fired on the spot. I have trouble believing Pokemon is bigger than Mario in the US. Not saying it's still not a big deal, but it does not have the cultural relevance here that many of the other IP's on that list do. At the end of the day the US parks might be international destinations, but they are mainly going to cater to US customers.
The most recent Pokémon entries outsold Mario Odyssey. Pokémon is still *gigantic* here in the states.

One Piece is in the top 25 and ahead of the Tolkienverse and James Bond, for instance (comes to mind since Japan apparently does an overlay of Waterworld).

Bumping EU talk to over here: