Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the lands connect better than IOA. It’s a classic hub and spoke model. I don’t think the individual lands could even connect directly to each other any way due to the hotel, park entrance and expansion pads.

It's an improved hub and spoke model, but it'll cause congestion at the front of each land as people exit/enter. It's a minor nitpick, but I would prefer the opportunity to just walk land to land, instead of land to hub to land.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
It's an improved hub and spoke model, but it'll cause congestion at the front of each land as people exit/enter. It's a minor nitpick, but I would prefer the opportunity to just walk land to land, instead of land to hub to land.
I think Diagon Alley doesn't get too bad. I always expected to get bad bottlenecks, but even on its busiest day it's no big deal.

I think Diagon Alley doesn't get too bad. I always expected to get bad bottlenecks, but even on its busiest day it's no big deal.
Also it seems SNW (at least) has a designated entrance/exit where as Diagon has two portals that function as either an entrance/exit/place for people to half sit in an oddly uncomfortable position to sip Butterbeer

Also it seems SNW (at least) has a designated entrance/exit where as Diagon has two portals that function as either an entrance/exit/place for people to half sit in an oddly uncomfortable position to sip Butterbeer

Just to be clear, HTTYD seems to have a few entries and Potter has a 50ft wide entrance plus exits possibly from other buildings .and other lands like SNW is about 28 ft at the very entrance then immediately widens to like 55ft-60ft in the portal tunnel , with a possible side exit in the external shop and Monsters is huge like 70ft+ wide. Diagon main entrance is only around 20ft, and the "bottleneck" there is more to do with people immediately stopping to get a photo

People are imagining bottlenecks on the concept rather than actual reality.

I never had an issue with Diagon. One time it was busy so I couldn’t take a picture or anything, but wasn’t my first time there so didn’t need to. I don’t imagine unless you’re naturally vacationing during peak seasons that this is an issue. If Diagon doesn’t have a problem neither will the warp pipe. There is also the exit to the side of Peach’s castle which helps.

Reactions: Awakening
I never had an issue with Diagon. One time it was busy so I couldn’t take a picture or anything, but wasn’t my first time there so didn’t need to. I don’t imagine unless you’re naturally vacationing during peak seasons that this is an issue. If Diagon doesn’t have a problem neither will the warp pipe. There is also the exit to the side of Peach’s castle which helps.
Ironically, Hogsmede is far worse in terms of a bottleneck

Diagon has never been an issue, and you can enter in the other way if you want

So in other words, I don't think it will be an issue in Epic as neither of these things are a part of its design in any of the lands

Ironically, Hogsmede is far worse in terms of a bottleneck

Diagon has never been an issue, and you can enter in the other way if you want

So in other words, I don't think it will be an issue in Epic as neither of these things are a part of its design in any of the lands
They’ve learned since Hogsmeade on how to direct people around the land. Hogsmeade also has less to do overall througout the land compared to Diagon and SNW, so people are constantly moving rather than doing stuff.

They’ve learned since Hogsmeade on how to direct people around the land. Hogsmeade also has less to do overall througout the land compared to Diagon and SNW, so people are constantly moving rather than doing stuff.
Yeah, I think it was a combo of a lot of factors that led to it

But it's literally the worst spot to be in at IOA

Like I'm glad the JP bridge is open a lot more now so I can avoid that space

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Yeah, I think it was a combo of a lot of factors that led to it

But it's literally the worst spot to be in at IOA

Like I'm glad the JP bridge is open a lot more now so I can avoid that space
I’ve never experience life with that bridge. But yeah, placement in the back corner is definitely a major factor, add in the natural design of Hogsmeade, was always gonna be a crowd cruncher. I think with DK around SNW will be absolutely fine. Intrigued to see the other lands though.

Scuttlebutt from TMs around the parks this weekend--

EU will have a "CityWalk 2.0" (was this ever officially confirmed?) anchored by a World of Nintendo store. Similar to the one in NYC, as it is allegedly replacing it as the flagship U.S. store.

That said, by "CityWalk," I mean more of a "Disney Springs." Plenty of shopping and dining, and restaurants may offer live entertainment (think Splitsville), but don't expect any new nightclubs. Groove and Red Coconut not coming back in club form, either. UOR is out of the nightclub business.

Scuttlebutt from TMs around the parks this weekend--

EU will have a "CityWalk 2.0" (was this ever officially confirmed?) anchored by a World of Nintendo store. Similar to the one in NYC, as it is allegedly replacing it as the flagship U.S. store.

That said, by "CityWalk," I mean more of a "Disney Springs." Plenty of shopping and dining, and restaurants may offer live entertainment (think Splitsville), but don't expect any new nightclubs. Groove and Red Coconut not coming back in club form, either. UOR is out of the nightclub business.
Universal did say the new area would contain an “entertainment center”.

There is space north of the parking lot that would be perfect for a large CityWalk type area.

No permits for such a thing have been filed yet, as far as I’m aware.

Universal did say the new area would contain an “entertainment center”.

There is space north of the parking lot that would be perfect for a large CityWalk type area.

No permits for such a thing have been filed yet, as far as I’m aware.
Omg I didn’t even know more land would be available for this project immediately, would also make sense why it’s not in the concept art...... omg I love this if it happens.

Would the Hub coaster then be an upcharge if it is not in any one land?
If, and it’s likely not, but if the hub was free, there would be a touch less turnstile entry at the entrance for the coaster just like any of the lands. But it’s likely not an open hub.

And back to today’s conversation, just because there is enough land for a new CityWalk doesn’t mean they’re ready to build it to open when the park opens. Like I said, we haven’t seen permits for any area but the park so far.

I’m fine with a CityWalk 2.0 I just hope they try to differentiate the two as much as possible. I know they technically provide the same thing. But it would be cool if they introduce some new concepts for this park version.

I’m fine with a CityWalk 2.0 I just hope they try to differentiate the two as much as possible. I know they technically provide the same thing. But it would be cool if they introduce some new concepts for this park version.
I’d expect EU city walk to be impeccably themed, tbh.